TV Coverage Editor
Summary of Position
Rotten Tomatoes is currently seeking a senior Editor to join its editorial team.
The Senior Editor, Television is responsible for writing and publishing articles and editorial features about TV shows and the TV industry on RottenTomatoes.com, as part of a team that makes sure that Rotten Tomatoes consistently features high-value content on the site through both original content production and presenting content from partners, studios and networks..
- Responsible for conception, researching, writing, and publishing of relevant articles, features and/or columns; delivers high quality content and editorial features on deadline; collaborates with internal teams and third party content vendors.
- Conceptualizes and produces content sponsorship packages (for paid promotional editorial content) in collaboration with the Sales team.
- Works collaboratively with other members of the Editorial team to make programming decisions regarding content to feature on the website; analyzes and reports on finished projects to determine success levels (audience interest and engagement) and continuous improvement on future editorial projects.
- Interviews filmmakers and talent to be published as either text or video.
- Requires bachelor?s degree.
- 5 years writing for an entertainment based publication either print/online.
- Strong oral, writing, and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to write compelling, timely articles and promotional copy.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Proven ability to work well and be flexible in a fast-moving environment, managing multiple projects within tight deadlines.
- Possess a passion for and expertise in TV, movies, fashion, and pop culture, both contemporary and classic.
- Knowledge of the entertainment industry required, as is an open-minded view of both popular and cult favorites.
- Willingness to appear on radio and on camera in original Rotten Tomatoes productions and appearances if necessary.
- Experience with content management systems (CMS) and a working knowledge of Photoshop and HTML required.
- Familiarity with different web browsers, and Microsoft Office Suite, especially PowerPoint and Excel.
- Ability to negotiate with and secure best-of-breed content from studio and network partners for use on the site a plus.
- Thorough understanding of broadcast and cable TV programming, and a deep set of contacts (especially PR) within the TV industry a plus..
Oh and.. Flixster/Rotten Tomatoes does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.