Applications Engineer – Living Room
Summary of Position
Flixster, Inc. seeks an Applications Engineer for the Flixster Engineering: Applications department. Position will build end-user features on mobile and/or web applications.
- Analyze product requirements, design technical architecture, and implement code and supporting technology systems to meet business objectives. Conceive, design, develop and launch new features for our mobile and/or web applications.
- Identify and solve technical challenges before they become business problems. Analyze and refactor the codebase to make structural improvements independent of any particular product feature.
- Research new technologies, and integrate into existing systems when appropriate.
- Write code documentation, create use cases, test cases.
- Deploy versions, monitor stability and performance of existing code.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Computer Science or a related field. MS preferred.
- 0-2 years experience working on mobile and/or web client applications.
- Strong computer science fundamentals.
- Fully fluency in Java 1.5+.
- Deep understanding of Web protocols and formats and Web architectures.
- Proficiency working with at least one major mobile architecture (Android, iOS, Blackberry, Palm Web OS).
- Proficiency working in SQL.
- Experience with Hibernate a strong plus.
- Scripting skills (Perl, Shell, or any other language) a strong plus.
- Ability to effectively communicate to both technical and non-technical co-workers.
Oh and.. Flixster/Rotten Tomatoes does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.