Summary of Position
As a Product Manager (PM) at Flixster, you will be tasked with understanding every aspect of the business from corporate-level strategy to code-level engineering. You will frequently interact with all business units from marketing, to editorial, to legal. You will manage products across multiple platforms (mobile, web, living room), define product goals, spec requirements and work closely with engineers to get things done.
We are looking for a PM with refined product intuition and demonstrable experience shipping products. Some products will be rotten tomatoes, other will be certified fresh. You will need to rely heavily on data to drive decisions and validate assumptions.
You will juggle many cross-functional projects in parallel, so organizational and communication skills are a must-have. Flixster is a fast-paced, informal and egoless company with a very high expectations. This is an opportunity to make a huge impact by working with an all-star engineering team to build products that are used by millions of people.
- BA/BS - preferably in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Statistics or Business.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, including data manipulation and pivot tables.
- At least 3 years of experience in product management or product design with examples of several products shipped (mobile or web).
- A sense of humor.
- Experience working at other consumer internet companies or startups.
- UI/UX knowledge including wireframing and prototyping.
- Movie buffness.
Oh and.. Flixster/Rotten Tomatoes does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.