Senior/Lead Back End Engineer
Summary of Position
Flixster, Inc. seeks a Lead Software Engineer for the Flixster Engineering: Systems/ Architecture department. Position will build end-user features on web applications and embedded platforms.
- Analyze product requirements, design technical architecture, and implement code and supporting technology systems to meet business objectives. Conceive, design, develop and launch data storage and access mechanisms to support application features, public APIs, etc.
- Identify and solve technical challenges before they become business problems. Analyze systems, identify weak points, and conceive, design, develop and deploy internal infrastructure projects towards improving systemic reliability, scalability.
- Research new technologies, and integrate into existing systems when appropriate.
- Write code documentation, create use cases, test cases.
- Deploy versions, monitor stability and performance of existing code.
- Bachelor's degree required in Computer Science or a related field. MS preferred.
- 6 years experience working on server-side applications.
- Strong computer science fundamentals.
- Fully fluent in Java 1.5 or 1.6.
- Experience with Hibernate and Spring.
- Proficient at SQL.
- Proficiency in at least one scripting language (Perl, Shell, etc).
- Strong problems solving skills.
- Sphinx or other search technology experience a plus.
- Ability to function well in a fast-paced, informal environment where constant change is the norm and the bar for performance is set high.
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas to technical and non-technical team members, and are able to build on other team members ideas.
Oh and.. Flixster/Rotten Tomatoes does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.