- Oct 24, 1959
- Tucson, Arizona, USA
Bio: When someone tells Brad Johnson he's come a long way his usual response is, "Well, I had a long way to come." Born on a small ranch in Tucson, Johnson the son of a horse trainer/used car salesman, has done everything from shoe horses to repossess cars to serve as a hunting and fishing guide. His humble beginnings nurtured his modesty and quiet strength and has… More
Bio: When someone tells Brad Johnson he's come a long way his usual response is, "Well, I had a long way to come." Born on a small ranch in Tucson, Johnson the son of a horse trainer/used car salesman, has done everything from shoe horses to repossess cars to serve as a hunting and fishing guide. His humble beginnings nurtured his modesty and quiet strength and has critics comparing him to John Wayne, Clint Eastwood, and James Stewart.
Brad's route to stardom was speedy, dramatic and circuitous. He joined the Pro Rodeo circuit in 1984 and was spotted wrestling steers in Wyoming by a casting director looking for cowboys to become extras in a beer commercial. After this first break came a three-year run as the Marlboro Man, then numerous Calvin Klein print ads and more commercials. After a serious knee injury sidelined his rodeo career, Johnson headed for Hollywood.
Within five months of his arrival, Roger Corman cast him to star in Nam Angles. Soon after, Steven Spielberg discovered Johnson and offered him the coveted role of Ted Baker, Holly Hunter's love interest in Always (1989). When asked about her Always co-star Holly described Brad as "All twisted steel and sex appeal." The Spielberg film led Johnson to Paramount for John Milius' Flight of the Intruder (1991). An exclusive three picture deal at Paramount followed.
With 60 hours of television, eleven pilots and over 25 films to his credit, there's no slowing down in Johnson's future. Writing, Producing can now be added to his resume. Johnson's LA based High Lonesome Productions, along with producing partner Lou Pitt, have several projects in different stages of production. One of which, "The Daybreakers," a rodeo tale, Johnson penned himself. Known by his friends as "The working man's renaissance man," Johnson has three projects slated for release in 2007.
Brad lives with his wife Laurie and their eight children on a ranch in the mountains of Colorado.
Brad Johnson Videos
- John Woo (68 years old)
- Mary Kay Place (67 years old)
- Matt Hardy (40 years old)
- Jermaine Dupri (42 years old)
- Anthony Mackie (35 years old)
- Jason Carter (54 years old)
- Jason Alexander (55 years old)
- Bruce Springsteen (65 years old)
- Anneliese van der Pol (30 years old)
- Keri Lynn Pratt (36 years old)
- Ebrahim Hatamikia (53 years old)
- Faune A. Chambers (38 years old)
- Bevin Prince (32 years old)
- LisaRaye (48 years old)
- Alex Proyas (51 years old)
- Rosalind Chao (57 years old)
- Elizabeth Peņa (53 years old)
- Zach Tyler Eisen (21 years old)
- Kaylee DeFer (28 years old)
- Chi McBride (53 years old)
- Mickey Rooney (94 years old)
- Giovanni Lombardo Radice (60 years old)
- Jaime Bergman (39 years old)
- Kip Pardue (38 years old)
- See more (24)