- Dec 3, 1968
- Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
A muscular, darkly handsome actor who defies easy categorization, Brendan Fraser has an enviable versatility that has allowed him to be equally convincing in comedies, dramas, and adventure films alike. The son of a Canadian tourism executive, Fraser was born in Indianapolis on December 3, 1968. Thanks to his father's job, Fraser and his family led a… More Bio:
A muscular, darkly handsome actor who defies easy categorization, Brendan Fraser has an enviable versatility that has allowed him to be equally convincing in comedies, dramas, and adventure films alike. The son of a Canadian tourism executive, Fraser was born in Indianapolis on December 3, 1968. Thanks to his father's job, Fraser and his family led a fairly peripatetic existence, living in locales as varied as Ottawa, London, Rome, and Seattle. During his time in London, Fraser became interested in theater and eventually enrolled in Seattle's Cornish Institute for training.
After an early appearance in Dogfight (1991), Fraser got his break in 1992's Encino Man as a Stone-Age man unfrozen in modern-day California.
He went on to gain audience prominence in diverse roles such as a Jewish football player in an all-WASP environment in School Ties (1992), a grunged-out musician in Airheads (1994), a Harvard student who loses his thesis in With Honors (1994), and a quirky baseball phenom in The Scout (1994). Fraser has been quoted in one magazine article as saying that he seeks out roles combining "silliness and sexiness"; his work during the second half of the '90s certainly reflected this. Particular highlights were George of the Jungle (1997), a satire of jungle adventure films; Gods and Monsters (1998), the acclaimed rendering of the last days of director James Whale, for which Fraser earned particular praise in his role as Whale's strapping gardener; the romantic comedy Blast From the Past (1999); and a big-budget remake of The Mummy (1999) that effectively showcased Fraser as a hero well-suited to old-school adventure. So successful were the extravagantly computer generated exploits of the revived Mummy soon became a franchise, birthing sequels like The Mummy Returns (2001) and The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor (2008).
Fraser would spend subsuquent years appearing in a number of varied projects, including comedies like Bedazzled and Dickie Roberts: Former Child Star, dramas like The Quiet American and Crash, and adventure movies, like Journey to the Center of the Earth and Inkheart.
Brendan Fraser Videos
- Taylor Negron (58 years old)
- Nathalie Delon (74 years old)
- Don Hertzfeldt (39 years old)
- David Wain (46 years old)
- John Carroll Lynch (52 years old)
- Cesar Montano (53 years old)
- Elijah Kelley (29 years old)
- Bogdan Diklic (62 years old)
- Coolio (52 years old)
- Jack O'Connell (26 years old)
- Sasha Jackson (27 years old)
- Demian Bichir (52 years old)
- Brett Chukerman (34 years old)
- Terry Kiser (76 years old)
- Sam Mendes (50 years old)
- Lewis Smith (59 years old)
- Alakina Mann (25 years old)
- Tempestt Bledsoe (42 years old)
- Edward Jeffries (28 years old)
- Kerry Ellis (39 years old)
- Giancarlo Giannini (73 years old)
- Jason Momoa (36 years old)
- Jesse Borrego (53 years old)
- Eduardo Noriega (42 years old)
- See more (24)