- May 16, 1969
- Buffalo, New York, USA
Look up the words "handsome" and "brooding" in any dictionary and chances are you'll have a pretty good description of actor David Boreanaz. Tall, dark, and possessing the sort of alluring charisma that suggests an Abercrombie and Fitch model from the dark side, Boreanaz flourished on the small screen in the early 2000s when his Buffy the Vampire Slayer… More Bio:
Look up the words "handsome" and "brooding" in any dictionary and chances are you'll have a pretty good description of actor David Boreanaz. Tall, dark, and possessing the sort of alluring charisma that suggests an Abercrombie and Fitch model from the dark side, Boreanaz flourished on the small screen in the early 2000s when his Buffy the Vampire Slayer role was spun off into the supernatural-flavored series Angel.
Born in Buffalo, NY, and raised in Philadelphia, Boreanaz was inspired at age seven to pursue a career in acting after witnessing the legendary Yul Brynner's performance in The King and I. In the years that followed, the aspiring actor would strive to keep the dream alive, and when it came time for higher education, Boreanaz opted to study his craft at Ithaca College in New York. The allure of a life in films soon drew Boreanaz to Los Angeles, although it wouldn't take him long to realize that struggling actors were a dime a dozen in sunny California. Dreams of his name in lights soon gave way to realities such as earning a living by parking cars and handing out towels at a sports club -- and uncredited parts in such films as Aspen Extreme and Best of the Best 2 (both 1993) certainly weren't paying the rent. A one-time role on Married...With Children as daughter Kelly's (Christina Applegate) motorcycle-riding boyfriend gained the struggling actor modest exposure -- and his luck would soon change in the most unexpected (though somewhat typical by Hollywood standards) way.
While Boreanaz was walking his dog in Hollywood, a manager was taken by his captivating intensity, and a subsequent introduction to casting agent Marcia Shulman almost immediately ensured his landing the role of the vampire Angel on the soon-to-be-hit series Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Two years after the premiere of Buffy, Boreanaz's character proved popular enough to earn his own eponymously titled spin-off series, and the show proved a solid hit for the WB until it was inexplicably canceled in mid-2004. Of course, by this point, Boreanaz could rest fairly easy thanks to roles in such features as Valentine (2001) and I'm With Lucy (2002). Fans who couldn't get enough of the actor's dark side could look forward to his role as the villainous Luc Crash in The Crow: Wicked Prayer (2004).
Soon however, Boreanaz found another compelling small-screen role, playing Special Agent Seeley Booth on the hit detective series Bones.
David Boreanaz Videos
- Christopher Lloyd (76 years old)
- Catherine Deneuve (71 years old)
- Valeria Golino (48 years old)
- Annette Funicello (72 years old)
- Toby McKeehan (50 years old)
- Jesse Tyler Ferguson (39 years old)
- Zac Hanson (29 years old)
- Kyle Gallner (28 years old)
- Samuli Vauramo (33 years old)
- Bill Condon (59 years old)
- Bob Odenkirk (52 years old)
- Jonathan Lipnicki (24 years old)
- Timothy Leary (94 years old)
- Jeff Goldblum (62 years old)
- Felicia Tang (37 years old)
- Joan Fontaine (97 years old)
- Sofia Vassilieva (22 years old)
- Spike Jonze (45 years old)
- Suzanne Snyder (52 years old)
- Amy Redford (44 years old)
- Tony Roberts (75 years old)
- Tony Denman (35 years old)
- Derek Jacobi (76 years old)
- Carlos Mencia (47 years old)
- See more (24)