- May 11, 1983
- Melbourne, Australia
Usually blonde and frequently bronzed, Australian-born actress/singer/pinup girl Holly Valance first caught the attention of Aussi television viewers with a regular role on the long-running soap opera Neighbours before making a bid for international stardom as a picturesque pop princess. The Melbourne native was the child of a Serbian father and an… More Bio:
Usually blonde and frequently bronzed, Australian-born actress/singer/pinup girl Holly Valance first caught the attention of Aussi television viewers with a regular role on the long-running soap opera Neighbours before making a bid for international stardom as a picturesque pop princess. The Melbourne native was the child of a Serbian father and an English mother, who always encouraged musical development in their children. Family played an essential role in the aspiring actress' childhood, and in between sessions of swimming on the beach and practicing Muay Thai, young Valance could frequently be found in the company of her extended family of half brothers and sisters.
By the age of 12, Valance was scouted by a prolific modeling agency, and by 15, she had landed the role of feisty Felicity "Flick" Scully on Neighbours. Though she was initially hesitant to take the part, a little encouragement from her parents went a long way in launching her acting career, and she was soon one of the most popular characters on the program. After three years on the small screen, however, Valance was ready to advance to the next stage in her career.
In the spring of 2002, Valance took her love of music to the next level. Her debut single, "Kiss Kiss," topped charts all across Europe, with the popular singles "Down Boy" and "Naughty Girl" following in short order. Just one year after the release of her debut album, Footprints, Valance was already preparing her sophomore release, State of Mind.
Of course, Valance was still eager to expand her onscreen career, and what better way to accomplish such an ambitious feat than to relocate to Los Angeles? In 2004, she did precisely that. After honing her craft at the renowned Leslie Kahn dramatic school, she appeared in such popular stateside series as Prison Break, CSI: New York, CSI: Miami, and the hit HBO series Entourage. Although Valance had been focusing most of her acting ambitions on the small screen up to this point in her career, appearances as a kung fu fighter in DOA and a fun-loving sorority girl in Pledge This! proved that she was eager to break into features as well.
Holly Valance Videos
- Yong-jun Bae (43 years old)
- Émilie Dequenne (34 years old)
- Dina Waters (50 years old)
- Rebecca De Mornay (56 years old)
- William Friedkin (80 years old)
- Elliott Gould (77 years old)
- Nicholas Tse (35 years old)
- Deborah Van Valkenburgh (63 years old)
- Sarah Francis (28 years old)
- Ray Wise (68 years old)
- Nagarjuna Akkineni (56 years old)
- Dante Basco (40 years old)
- Stacey Travis (51 years old)
- Lenny Henry (57 years old)
- Richard Attenborough (92 years old)
- Nagarjuna (56 years old)
- Joel Schumacher (76 years old)
- Bae Yong-jun (43 years old)
- Emily Hampshire (34 years old)
- Lauren Collins (29 years old)
- Juan Diego Botto (40 years old)
- Lea Michele (29 years old)
- Carla Gugino (44 years old)
- John Hensley (38 years old)
- See more (24)