Bio: Khoa Do (born 1979, Saigon, Vietnam) pronunciation (helpinfo) is an actor, writer and director who received the Young Australian of the Year award in 2005. Khoa Do and his family arrived in Sydney as Vietnamese refugees in 1980 (his brother is the comedian Anh Do). He received a scholarship to attend St Aloysius' College in Milson's Point, graduating in 1996 and… More
Bio: Khoa Do (born 1979, Saigon, Vietnam) pronunciation (helpinfo) is an actor, writer and director who received the Young Australian of the Year award in 2005. Khoa Do and his family arrived in Sydney as Vietnamese refugees in 1980 (his brother is the comedian Anh Do). He received a scholarship to attend St Aloysius' College in Milson's Point, graduating in 1996 and went on to study Arts at the University of Sydney.
Khoa Do was named the 2005 Young Australian of the Year for his "leadership, compassion, and will to inspire and inform Australians on issues that affect our communities."
Do has been active in helping the under-privileged in South-Western Sydney, especially the Vietnamese community. In 2000, he was awarded the Young Vietnamese-Australian of the Year Award for his services in drama and working with youths in Sydney's south-west. A year later, Khoa commenced voluntary work with disadvantaged kids at Cabramatta's Open Family Youth Social Services Centre. He was asked to teach film-making to these 'at risk' youth and saw no better way to teach them than to go ahead and make a film with them. While at University Khoa worked as an English teacher and job-seeking-skills volunteer amongst youths living in Cabramatta. For his efforts, he was awarded the 2001 Young Citizen of the Year Award (Bankstown City) and in 2003, he also received a Centenary Medal.
In 2001, Khoa was nominated for an AFI Award for his screen play for the short film Delivery Day. The film tells the story of a young girl and her struggle to balance the demands of school, her mother and the family's backyard sweatshop and is based heavily on Khoa's own experience.
In 2003, Khoa received the IF Independent Spirit Award for The Finished People. In 2004, Khoa was nominated for two AFI Awards, three Film Critics' Circle Awards and two Australian Writers' Guild Awards for this film and for his community theatre.
In 2005, he was also awarded the Powerhouse Wizard Award, which "recognises emerging leaders in Australian innovation and achievement."
Khoa Do Videos
- Rick Moranis (61 years old)
- Hayley Mills (68 years old)
- Kenny Ortega (64 years old)
- Conan O'Brien (51 years old)
- America Ferrera (30 years old)
- Melissa Joan Hart (38 years old)
- Tamara Braun (43 years old)
- Jeff Dunham (52 years old)
- Bryce Johnson (37 years old)
- Eli Roth (42 years old)
- Brittany Robertson (24 years old)
- James Woods (67 years old)
- Edgar Wright (40 years old)
- Eric McCormack (51 years old)
- Rodrigo De la Serna (38 years old)
- Alia Shawkat (25 years old)
- David Tennant (43 years old)
- Fredro Starr (43 years old)
- Moises Arias (20 years old)
- David Hewlett (46 years old)
- Eric Roberts (58 years old)
- Maria Bello (47 years old)
- Sean MaGuire (38 years old)
- John Gavin (27 years old)
- See more (24)