- Mar 18, 1969
- Waterbury, Connecticut, USA
Bio: Michael Bergin, a native of Connecticut (born in Waterbury, raised in Naugatuck), is perhaps best known as Mark Wahlberg's successor in Calvin Klein's racy series of black and white underwear ads. His 6" 1' frame and enviable washboard abs (amongst other features) gained international exposure in print ads and, notably, on a 96' X 70' billboard in New York City's… More
Bio: Michael Bergin, a native of Connecticut (born in Waterbury, raised in Naugatuck), is perhaps best known as Mark Wahlberg's successor in Calvin Klein's racy series of black and white underwear ads. His 6" 1' frame and enviable washboard abs (amongst other features) gained international exposure in print ads and, notably, on a 96' X 70' billboard in New York City's Times Square. Since stepping out of those very famous boxer briefs, he has begun an unusually diverse acting career.
While a student at the University of Connecticut, Michael began visiting modeling agencies in nearby New York and soon found himself signed professionally with the Click Agency. He became a regular on the runways of Valentino, Donna Karan, and Hugo Boss and was tapped by Calvin Klein as the 'face' of Calvin Klein underwear. Michael soon found himself catapulted to the status of male supermodel.
In addition to his high profile work as a runway model, Calvin Klein 'spokesbody', Michael became a respected community activist, working closely with the anti-drug children's program D.A.R.E. as a national spokesperson, and lending his name, time, and image to numerous AIDS charities. He continued to model, appearing in commercials and print advertisements for Liz Claiborne, Coty, Bacardi Rum, L'Oreal, Kellogg's, Maybelline and Perry Ellis. Branching out into acting and television presenting, Michael was soon seen as a correspondent for the E! Entertainment channel, VH1 Latin America's House of Style, and as a recurring character on the prime-time soap opera "Central Park West" (1995).
As a contracted 'star', Michael spent nearly 4 years on the syndicated "Baywatch" (1989) and "Baywatch Hawaii" and starred as the villainous "Nick Bozman", on the NBC supernatural soap opera "Passions" (1999). In unusual moves for a model-turned-actor, Michael has worked for art-house legends Merchant Ivory, in the film The Proprietor (1989) and played a gay, closeted action film star opposite Dean Cain in The Broken Hearts Club: A Romantic Comedy (2000).
Michael Bergin Videos
- Sharlto Copley (41 years old)
- Brooke Langton (44 years old)
- Steve Oedekerk (53 years old)
- William Fichtner (58 years old)
- Alison Pill (29 years old)
- Curtis Armstrong (61 years old)
- Gerrit Graham (65 years old)
- Janet Pierson (42 years old)
- Shane Haboucha (24 years old)
- Michael Vartan (46 years old)
- Jaleel White (38 years old)
- Kathryn Bigelow (63 years old)
- Alec Newman (40 years old)
- Jennifer O'Dell (40 years old)
- Andy Merrill (48 years old)
- Fisher Stevens (51 years old)
- Robin Givens (50 years old)
- James Avery (66 years old)
- Gary Lucy (33 years old)
- Twista (41 years old)
- Unax Ugalde (36 years old)
- Samantha Bond (53 years old)
- Alex Neuberger (22 years old)
- Tadanobu Asano (41 years old)
- See more (24)