- Apr 11, 1971
- Schwerin, Germany
Bio: Oliver "Ollie" Riedel (born April 11, 1971) is a German musician, notable for being the bass-guitarist for the German Neue Deutsche Hńrte band Rammstein.
Riedel was born on 11 April 1971 in Schwerin as an only child. Growing up, Oliver had relatively good relationships with both of his parents. He attributes this to the small gap in between their ages.… More Bio: Oliver "Ollie" Riedel (born April 11, 1971) is a German musician, notable for being the bass-guitarist for the German Neue Deutsche Hńrte band Rammstein.
Riedel was born on 11 April 1971 in Schwerin as an only child. Growing up, Oliver had relatively good relationships with both of his parents. He attributes this to the small gap in between their ages. As a child, Oliver wasn't a good student, but he made his way through school with the assistance of his mother. Oliver was quite shy, especially during his teenage years, and while his friends partied at discos he would often be found just "hanging around".
In 1990, at the age of nineteen, Oliver began playing in a folk-fiddle/punk-rock band called The Inchtabokatables. In 1994, Riedel, Till Lindemann, Richard Z. Kruspe, and Christoph "Doom" Schneider entered and won the Berlin Senate Metro beat contest that allowed them to record a four track demo professionally. Paul H. Landers and Christian "Flake" Lorenz would later join the band they named Rammstein.
The six released their first album, Herzeleid (Heartache) in September, 1995. Their second album, Sehnsucht (Longing) was released in 1997, which would later become platinum. In April 2001, the album Mutter (Mother) was released and a European tour followed, ending on 13 July 2002. It has been reported that at this time the members of Rammstein were seriously discussing whether to continue or not in their present form. It was decided that they should all take some time off and then reconsider whether to continue.
In 2003, Rammstein started work on the fourth album, which was to prove a turning point in Rammstein's sound and maturity. September 2004 saw the fruits of this work in the release of Reise, Reise ("Reise,Reise").
He has two children, one of them a girl named Emma, and is separated from her mother. His current marital status is unknown.
He likes photography and sports, especially skateboarding and surfing. In the making of the video for "Keine Lust," he mentions wanting to go snowboarding while wearing a fat suit. It has been said he is the most computer-literate member of the band.
His character is more mature and subtle during live performances. He tends to keep crew cut and skin-bald hair styles along with some styles of goatees.
Rammstein: Live Aus Berlin (2001)
- Brooke Burns (36 years old)
- Clifton Powell (58 years old)
- Kate Nelligan (64 years old)
- Judah Friedlander (45 years old)
- Bernardo Bertolucci (74 years old)
- Alexandra Daddario (28 years old)
- Lauren Graham (47 years old)
- Paul Schneider (38 years old)
- Isabelle Huppert (61 years old)
- BelÚn Rueda (49 years old)
- Alan Tudyk (43 years old)
- Nicolas Bro (42 years old)
- Takashi Kashiwabara (37 years old)
- Erik Estrada (65 years old)
- Flavor Flav (55 years old)
- Madison Riley (24 years old)
- Jimmy Nail (60 years old)
- Jerry Lewis (88 years old)
- Matthew Montgomery (36 years old)
- Dian Sastrowardoyo (32 years old)
- Victor Garber (65 years old)
- Nick Spano (38 years old)
- Joseph Pilato (65 years old)
- Gore Verbinski (50 years old)
- See more (24)