- Sep 12, 1957
- Cornwell Manor, Cornwell, Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire, England, UK
Bio: Rachel Claire Ward, AM, (born at Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire, September 12, 1957), granddaughter of the 3rd Earl of Dudley and of the cricketer Giles Baring, is an English actress (and more recently, a director) who has primarily pursued her career in Australia. She attended the Byam Shaw School of Art in London before leaving at 16 to become a top fashion model.… More
Bio: Rachel Claire Ward, AM, (born at Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire, September 12, 1957), granddaughter of the 3rd Earl of Dudley and of the cricketer Giles Baring, is an English actress (and more recently, a director) who has primarily pursued her career in Australia. She attended the Byam Shaw School of Art in London before leaving at 16 to become a top fashion model. In 1983 she was voted one of the ten most beautiful women in the United States.
She became well known when she starred opposite Richard Chamberlain as the lead role portraying Meggie Cleary in the television mini-series The Thorn Birds. She disappeared from pictures for three years and studied acting. Ward then reappeared in 1987, playing opposite her husband, Bryan Brown (whom she met on the set of The Thorn Birds), in The Good Wife. Married since 1983, they have three children: Rose (Rosie), Matilda (who has followed her parents into the acting profession), and Joe.
She briefly dated David Kennedy, son of Robert F Kennedy. In 2003, a portrait of Rachel Ward by artist Jan Williamson won the Packing Room award at the Archibald Prize competition.
In 2007, Ward returned to television, headlining the new ABC Drama "Rain Shadow". She is playing a country veterinarian named Kate, a free spirit who confronts personal and professional obstacles in a rural, drought-affected town.
In 2005, Ward was made a Member of the Order of Australia "for service to raising awareness of social justice through lobbying, mentoring and advocacy for the rights of disadvantaged and at-risk young people, and support for the Australian film and television industry."
Rachel Ward Videos
- Sam Milby (31 years old)
- Charlie Yeung (39 years old)
- John Ortiz (45 years old)
- Heather Wahlquist (36 years old)
- Tom Tykwer (48 years old)
- Drew Carey (55 years old)
- Karen Duffy (52 years old)
- Linden Ashby (53 years old)
- H. Jon Benjamin (47 years old)
- Guinevere Turner (45 years old)
- Zalman King (71 years old)
- Kelly Monaco (37 years old)
- Frank McHugh (115 years old)
- Kappei Yamaguchi (48 years old)
- Joan Collins (80 years old)
- Lane Garrison (33 years old)
- Felissa Rose (44 years old)
- Herbert Marshall (123 years old)
- Laurel Holloman (42 years old)
- Adam Wylie (29 years old)
- Jewel (39 years old)
- Alexander De Jordy (20 years old)
- Mark Arnold (56 years old)
- Nigel Davenport (85 years old)
- See more (24)