- Jan 27, 1976
- Taipei, Taiwan
Bio: Ruby Lin Born in Taipei, Taiwan. She was moving to United States when she was young, and lived there for 2 years. She returned to Taiwan at the age of 8 and was entered elementary school.
Originally she planned on going UK to study after high school graduation, never considered the prospect of an acting career. However she was choose the TV commercial… More Bio: Ruby Lin Born in Taipei, Taiwan. She was moving to United States when she was young, and lived there for 2 years. She returned to Taiwan at the age of 8 and was entered elementary school.
Originally she planned on going UK to study after high school graduation, never considered the prospect of an acting career. However she was choose the TV commercial moder age of 17. After debut as commercial model, Lin received numerous offers to star in various television drama serials. Her first experience in front of the camera in 1995 film School days as minor role, she start to developed a passion for acting. In 1997, After playing supporting roles in various Taiwanese TV dramas, she met her breakout role as a leading actress in the television series Princess Returning Pearl and its sequel, Princess Returning Pearl II. With this role, her fame rose to unprecedented levels and her popularity with the Chinese audience also increased accordingly.
After rising to prominence, she continued to star in a number of successful television series. With success many of her series, not only in Taiwan, but also she establish her reputation and popularity overseas. Lin was voted as the Top Ten Most Famous Asian Superstars for two consecutive years (2000 and 2001). Same year, she also selected 4th place "Malaysia 2001 Heavenly Kings & Queens"
From 2002 onwards, Lin has focused on her career in mainland China. she starred in 3 series - Half Life Fate (or in PinYin, Ban Sheng Yuan), Boy and Girl and Flying Daggers were very well received in China, Hong Kong and other Asian countries. Beside got high rating of her work, Lin obtained numerous praised for her work especially in TV drama. Recently years, she got awards such as BQ Hong Ren Bang Annual Award most popular HK/TW actress , Top 4 actress of the year in 2006, China Top Ten Most Popular Commercial Model, Taiwan's Most Popular Actress in the 2nd Chinese TV Drama Award, Top Ten CCTV actress and so on.
Today, Ruby is one of Chinese directors' favorite actresses in TV drama industry. In 2007, she has said she would like to get more involved in movies.
- Oprah Winfrey (61 years old)
- April Scott (36 years old)
- Terry Kinney (61 years old)
- Bobbie Phillips (47 years old)
- Sara Gilbert (40 years old)
- Tom Selleck (70 years old)
- Oana Pellea (53 years old)
- Adam Lambert (33 years old)
- Heather Graham (45 years old)
- Hideto Takarai (46 years old)
- Marc Singer (67 years old)
- Drew Tyler Bell (29 years old)
- Ann Jillian (65 years old)
- Justin Hartley (38 years old)
- Thomas Jane (46 years old)
- Andrew Keegan (36 years old)
- Sharif Atkins (40 years old)
- Edward Burns (47 years old)
- Jason James Richter (35 years old)
- Sam Jaeger (38 years old)
- Katharine Ross (75 years old)
- Nicholas Turturro (53 years old)
- Isabel Lucas (30 years old)
- Tim Healy (63 years old)
- See more (24)