Bio: As well as directing and serving as a producer on AMERICAN VIOLET, Tim Disney is also co-founder, with Bill Haney, of Uncommon Productions, the company that brought the film to the screen. Since forming Uncommon Productions, Disney has balanced his work as a filmmaker while continuing to act as president of a private investment firm, The Glendower Group.
More Bio: As well as directing and serving as a producer on AMERICAN VIOLET, Tim Disney is also co-founder, with Bill Haney, of Uncommon Productions, the company that brought the film to the screen. Since forming Uncommon Productions, Disney has balanced his work as a filmmaker while continuing to act as president of a private investment firm, The Glendower Group.
Disney marked his debut as a director with A QUESTION OF FAITH, a feature film centered on a miracle challenging the faith of a brotherhood of monks in a California monastery. The film, which Disney also wrote, premiered in competition at the Sundance Film Festival. He also directed the feature TEMPESTA, an art world thriller set in Venice and based on the best-selling novel by Juan Manuel de Prada. Disney has also executive produced or produced a number of additional documentary and feature films from Uncommon Productions, including most recently THE PRICE OF SUGAR, as well as CRUSADE: A MARCH AGAINST TIME, THE LEGENT OF LUCY KEYES, A LIFE AMONG WHALES, RACING AGAINST THE CLOCK, ROAD TO RECONCILIATION and GIFT OF THE GAME.
Prior to founding Uncommon Productions, Disney was Chairman and CEO of Virtual World Entertainment, a leading developer of high-end entertainment software. He also produced the feature film THE GIVING, which was awarded the gold prize for best first feature at the Houston Worldfest Film Festival and distributed by Northern Arts Entertainment. Previously he co-created and produced the hit game show CLASH for MTV Networks. His early experience in the film industry included joining the animation department at Walt Disney Studios where he co-wrote the screenplay for the animated feature, OLIVER AND COMPANY.
A graduate of Harvard University, Disney is a co-founder of the non-profit organization Infante Sano, which works to improve maternal and infant health in the Dominican Republic. In addition, he is currently a trustee of California Institute of the Arts.
Tim Disney Videos
- Mekhi Phifer (40 years old)
- Ted Danson (67 years old)
- Seamus Davey-Fitzpatrick (16 years old)
- Diego Luna (35 years old)
- Jennifer Ehle (45 years old)
- Andy Wachowski (47 years old)
- Yvonne Elliman (63 years old)
- Twinkle Khanna (40 years old)
- Bernard Cribbins (86 years old)
- Ali Hillis (36 years old)
- Jude Law (42 years old)
- Mary Tyler Moore (78 years old)
- Marianne Faithfull (68 years old)
- Barbara Steele (77 years old)
- Leonor Varela (42 years old)
- Jon Polito (64 years old)
- Kevin Weisman (44 years old)
- Charlotte Riley (33 years old)
- Katherine Moennig (37 years old)
- Patricia Clarkson (55 years old)
- Danny McBride (38 years old)
- Jon Voight (76 years old)
- Rajesh Khanna (72 years old)
- Shawn Hatosy (39 years old)
- See more (24)