25th Hour
The clock is ticking on Monty Brogan's freedom--in 24 hours he goes to prison for seven long years. Once a king of Manhattan, Monty is about to say goodbye to the life he knew--a life that opened doors in New York's swankiest clubs but also alienated him from the people closest to him. In his last day on the outside, Monty tries to reconnect with his father, who's never given up on his son, and gets together with his two closest friends from the old days, Jacob and Slaughtery. Also in the mix is his girlfriend, Naturelle, who (or might not) have been the one who tipped off the… More

"While 25th Hour has a several arresting characters struggling with credible problems, regrettably Monty isn't one of them."
‑ , Time Out
"Pretty lethargic stuff."
‑ Richard Corliss, TIME Magazine
"Spike Lee's furiously melancholy drama about life and dread in post-9/11 New York City."
‑ Joe Leydon, The Moving Picture Show
"An under-rated gem, 25th Hour is a powerful story about how the decisions you make in your life, and who you make them with, can ultimately lead to your downfall."
‑ Matthew Pejkovic, Matt's Movie Reviews
"Perhaps Lee's most consistently compelling work since Clockers."
‑ Rob Gonsalves, eFilmCritic.com
"I still think that Mr. Lee has come closer than he ever has before to making the great film about New York City that David Thomson hoped from him in a favorable mini-bio in The New Biographical Dictionary of Film."
‑ Andrew Sarris, New York Observer
"It's the usual undisciplined, overextended Spike symphony: more fun than it is any good."
‑ Desson Thomson, Washington Post
"Engaging but violent drama. Not for kids."
‑ Kelly Kessler, Common Sense Media
"Lee successfully, seamlessly marries his famously inventive visual style with more introspective material."
‑ Michael Dequina, TheMovieReport.com
"One of the more entertaining and thought-provoking Spike Lee Joints in a long while."
‑ Alan Morrison, Empire Magazine
"Lee and his cast are so adept at getting us acquainted with Monty and these other people that we wind up feeling like we've known them for years."
‑ Jonathan Rosenbaum, Chicago Reader
"Lee has created that rarity in filmmaking: a movie we need, right now."
‑ Ann Hornaday, Washington Post
"Finds beauty in the silver linings and embodies the notion that we're stronger than we usually realize we can be."
‑ Rob Humanick, Projection Booth
"Lee builds Monty's story of tortured introspection and his final surprising, desperate act before incarceration through boldly candid conversations and flashbacks."
‑ Mark Halverson, Sacramento News & Review
"'Spike Lee's love of New York, unlike Woody Allen's, has always been more tough than tender.'"
‑ Jeannette Catsoulis, Las Vegas Mercury