A.I. Artificial Intelligence

- Rent SD $2.99
- Rent HD $3.99

"A confined domestic drama, a considerable morality tale, a fleeting futuristic noir, a persecution parable, an on-the-nose fairy tale adventure... and then it keeps going."
‑ William Goss, Film.com
"Temperamentally, Spielberg and Kubrick are such polar opposites that A.I. has the moment-to-moment effect of being completely at odds with itself."
‑ Peter Rainer, New York Magazine/Vulture
"Flawed, to be sure, but beautifully crafted, unimaginably complex, visually dazzling, rich with metaphor and deeply affecting."
‑ R. L. Shaffer, IGN DVD
"A "good" A.I. would be of infinitely less value than the A.I. that we have...a staggering creation."
‑ Tim Brayton, Antagony & Ecstasy
"This may be the first solipsistic epic since 2001, but it has none of that film's wonder or mystery."
‑ Rob Gonsalves, eFilmCritic.com
"At heart it's a terribly anguished expression of rejection, loneliness and love. If only it knew when to stop."
‑ Geoff Andrew, Time Out
"The most puzzling, trippiest piece of pop fantasy of Spielberg's career."
‑ Rene Rodriguez, Miami Herald
"An unsettling sci-fi fairytale mélange of "Pinocchio" and "The Wizard of Oz" that's elegantly written, visually opulent and thematically challenging and discontented. One of Steven Spielberg's finest, and most fiercely misread, films."
‑ Nick Rogers, Suite101.com
"Steven Spielberg tries to rescue the world's most elusive filmmaker from an unhappy ending."
‑ Rob Nelson, City Pages, Minneapolis/St. Paul
"It's odd to see the nearly infallible Steven Spielberg so visibly unsure of himself."
‑ Joe Lozito, Big Picture Big Sound
‑ , Time Out New York
"The most philosophical film in Kubrick's canon, the most intelligent in Spielberg's, and quite possibly the film with the most contemporary relevance that either one has made since Kubrick released Dr. Strangelove in 1964."
‑ Jonathan Rosenbaum, Chicago Reader
"Provocative movie suitable for teens."
‑ Nell Minow, Common Sense Media
"Shows a more complicated understanding of childhood than you would expect..."
‑ Matthew De Abaitua, Film4
"Steven Spielberg's A.I.: Artificial Intelligence is a return to sci-fi in true form."
‑ Chris Gore, Film Threat