All I Want for Christmas
The leading lady of the Christmas tale knows just what she wants for Christmas and she lets Macy's Santa know, too. She wants nothing more than the reuniting of her recently divorced parents. Bordering on being a Miracle on 34th Street re-make, this film follows much the same theme, but the kids here get more involved as they thwart any likelihood of romantic success between their mom and her new boyfriend and try ever-so-hard to make Mommy and Daddy love each other again. A reunion does result, but it's a lackluster one and so's this film, which was generally seen as a little too… More

"This 1991 feature is not for diabetics or connoisseurs of real people, but everyone else should have a ball."
‑ Jonathan Rosenbaum, Chicago Reader
"Miracle on 34th Street this ain't."
‑ Desson Thomson, Washington Post
"A lackluster, routinely directed and underwritten romantic comedy."
‑ , TV Guide's Movie Guide
"Generic at its core, the idea behind the movie is valiant enough but happy themes aren't enough to carry an otherwise boring film."
‑ Ryan Cracknell, Movie Views
"What makes the film so nauseating is not that it's badly acted or made, but that its motives are presented with such sledgehammer subtlety that even the youngest children would feel insulted by it."
‑ , Time Out
"All I want for Christmas is to never see All I Want for Christmas again."
"For the few lucky youngsters out there whose lives so far have not been touched by divorce, this movie may stir up illegitimate (or, at least, unnecessary worries). Such realism in an otherwise fantasy-based tale makes for an awkward combination."
‑ Marjorie Baumgarten, Austin Chronicle
"When it comes to yuletide cheer, All I Want for Christmas ranks just under dead reindeer on the roof."
‑ Rita Kempley, Washington Post
"Clearly meant to be adorable, the kids crack jokes like screenwriters rather than children, and the plot is just as contrived as the self-conscious dialogue."
‑ Torene Svitil, Empire Magazine
"...is a break from trash like this. Just awful!"
‑ James Sanford, Kalamazoo Gazette