Alvin and the Chipmunks
"Alvin and the Chipmunks," a global phenomenon to generations of fans, becomes a live action/CGI motion picture event with contemporary comic sensibility. Songwriter Dave Seville transforms singing chipmunk Alvin, Simon and Theodore into pop sensations - while the out-of-control trio lays waste to Dave's home, wreaks havoc with his career, and turns Dave's once- orderly life upside-down.

"This curdled live action-computer animation combo seems phoned-in in every respect..."
‑ Ben Kenigsberg, Time Out New York
"Hollywood continues its tired milking of old television properties with Alvin and the Chipmunks, a slick updating of the musical-cartoon franchise."
‑ Andy Webster, New York Times
"Filled with cheap slapstick, annoying high-pitched singing, and a variety of fart gags, all of which amused my daughter but not me."
‑ David Cornelius, DVDTalk.com
"This new movie nicely updates the chipmunks into the realm of CGI animation and seamlessly places them in the real world."
‑ Urban Cinefile Critics, Urban Cinefile
"The screenwriters capably update the 49-year-old critters for socially relevant times, give or take a little suspension of disbelief."
‑ Tyler Hanley, Palo Alto Weekly
"The musical numbers are initially appealing - think close harmonies and smart foot stepping to the likes of 'Funkytown' - but the novelty is likely to wear thin for adults when the 'munks get kitted out as a street boy band."
‑ , Time Out
"Alvin and the Chipmunks goes in one eye and out the other, featuring a CGI Alvin, Simon and Theodore interacting with a human-ish world."
‑ Michael Phillips, Chicago Tribune
"Colourful but uninspired."
‑ Brent Simon, Screen International
"They're baaaaack."
‑ Ken Fox, TV Guide's Movie Guide
"OK!!! Here I sit - and I'm not kidding about this - typing away and listening to a song that could be one of the first bits of music I ever heard."
‑ Linda Cook, Quad City Times (Davenport, IA)
"It's fairly awful."
‑ Richard Roeper, Ebert & Roeper
"Sure, rodents are hot this year. But unlike Ratatouille's chef prodigy Remy, these mischief makers bring nothing new to the table."
‑ Claudia Puig, USA Today
"It has its fun moments, especially when those little guys sing "Funky Town.""
‑ Kit Bowen, Hollywood.com
"There is a chance I have simply outgrown Alvin, Simon and Theodore. But I can still recognize a quality film and this isn't it."
‑ Jeff Bayer, The Scorecard Review
"A lot like candy, sweet and pleasing, but ultimately disposable and empty..."