Are We Done Yet?
Having decided to ditch the city in favor of the suburbs, a newly formed family purchases a quaint "fixer-upper" that proves to be more trouble than they could have ever anticipated in a rollicking family comedy that's half sequel to Are We There Yet?, and half remake of Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House. Nick (Ice Cube) and Suzanne (Nia Long) have tied the knot, and now the couple is looking for a suitable home in which to raise their family. What better place to bring up adolescents Lindsey (Aleisha Allen) and Kevin (Philip Daniel Bolden) than a quiet house in the suburbs?… More

"Let's just hope the kids find burping raccoons and crumbling ceilings hilarious."
‑ Anna Smith, Time Out
"Even though the cinematic foundation of this cheap prefab fluff is a message of family togetherness, the building materials -- boneheaded behavior, overwrought conflict, treacly sentiment -- have classic dry rot."
‑ Stephen Garrett, Time Out New York
"Ice Cube's do-it-yourself sequel is too formulaic."
‑ Sandie Angulo Chen, Common Sense Media
"Basically, the title says it all and if you're unlucky enough to end up seeing this, you'll be repeating that title for the entire 96 minutes. Avoid."
‑ Matthew Turner, ViewLondon
"Oh, I do hope so. Why Ice Cube thought his wretched family outing Are We There Yet? deserved a sequel is baffling, since all it revealed was his complete ineptitude as a light comedian."
‑ Anthony Quinn, Independent
"An acknowledged remake of the old Cary Grant movie Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House. As far as I could tell, that's because everyone involved was inspired by the syllable "Bland" in the title."
‑ Bob Strauss, Dallas Morning News
"Fans of the first film can rest assured that a change in the director's chair -- Dr. Dolittle 2 auteur Steve Carr taking over for the presumably indisposed Brian Levant -- has done little to curb the overall tone of slapstick desperation."
‑ Scott Foundas, L.A. Weekly
"We're finished."
‑ Christopher Smith, Bangor Daily News (Maine)
"As unfortunate titles for cynically commercial sequels go, this one's a doozy"
‑ Peter Bradshaw, Guardian [UK]
"Dull at best, painfully unfunny at worst, let's hope the answer to Are We Done Yet? is in the affirmative."
‑ Tristan Burke, Film4
"It's just awful. It's beyond awful."
‑ Richard Roeper, Ebert & Roeper
"Following up on his execrable 2005 semi-hit Are We There Yet?, Ice Cube once again turns the world off with a scowl in Are We Done Yet?"
‑ Ann Hornaday, Washington Post
"passable but far from inspired"
‑ Christopher Null, Filmcritic.com
"The only thing in Steve Carr's fatuous movie that earns a few giggles is John C McGinley's silliness as a new-age builder."
‑ Edward Porter, Times [UK]