Are We There Yet?
Rapper and actor Ice Cube shows off his softer side in this family-friendly comedy. Nick Persons (Ice Cube) is a dealer in sports collectibles who has fallen for beautiful executive Suzanne Kingston (Nia Long). However, Nick discovers he has a bigger task than just winning her over -- Suzanne is a divorced mother with two children, Lindsey (Aleisha Allen) and Kevin (Philip Daniel Bolden), and the kids don't believe any man besides their father is fit for their mother to date. Even though Nick doesn't care much for kids, he's eager to win Lindsey and Kevin over to score points with… More

"A joyless road-trip comedy that's about as pleasant as a bad case of car sickness."
‑ Scott Foundas, Variety
"Lacks the courage of its grape-juice-, mud-, and vomit-spattered convictions."
‑ Mark Holcomb, Village Voice
"Less amusing than a game of license plate bingo."
‑ Nell Minow, Common Sense Media
"Are We There Yet? all too effectively conveys the claustrophobic horror of being shackled in a small space with two whiny, hateful children."
‑ Nathan Rabin, AV Club
"Are We There Yet? is the perfect movie for your children, assuming you hate your children."
‑ David Cornelius, eFilmCritic.com
"The gags seem pretty lame even by the standards assiduously applied by most 8-year-olds."
‑ Stephanie Zacharek, Salon.com
"How much sweeter Nick's heart-to-heart with Lindsey and Kevin would be if the movie was more than a clichéd journey."
‑ Lisa Kennedy, Denver Post
"With one of the most hackneyed expressions in children-based comedy movies "Are We There Yet?" fulfills every low expectation that its urban target audience will bring to their cinema chairs."
‑ Cole Smithey, ColeSmithey.com
"Are We There Yet? is more interested in crass humor than in creating remotely believable characters that we might actually care about."
‑ Peter T. Chattaway, Christianity Today
"What does Brian Levant have against the stars of Boyz N the Hood? First Cuba Gooding Jr. in Snow Dogs, now Cube and Nia Long in one fell swoop."
‑ Michael Dequina, TheMovieReport.com
"These kids are going after perfectly innocent nice adults. They are some of the nastiest children in movie history."
‑ Richard Roeper, Ebert & Roeper
"Uh oh, pull over, I think I'm gonna be car sick."
‑ Leah McLaren, Globe and Mail
"This somewhat schizophrenic comedy may be expressing Cube's own ambivalence about parting ways with his NWA inner bad boy and embracing fatherhood and all of its virtuous authority figure dimensions."
‑ Prairie Miller, Long Island Press
"It's never too early to start that 'Worst of 2005' list, and Are We There Yet? is already a worthy contender."
‑ Bill Clark, FromTheBalcony
"That we're supposed to find any of these characters appealing is just one of the mysteries posed by this so-called 'family' comedy."
‑ , BBC