Awesome: I...Shot That!
The Beastie Boys let their fans do the shooting as they take the stage of Madison Square Garden for the final date of their "Challah at Your Boy" tour in a concert video that truly puts the viewer right in the middle of all the action. With a mix of fifty DV and Hi-8 cameras distributed to shutter-bug fans and little more instruction than to keep the tapes rolling, director Nathaniel Hornblower and supervising editor Neal Usatin skillfully edit the resulting amateur footage into a kaleidoscopic, rough-edged take on the typically slick, professionally shot concert video.

"The Beastie Boys relive their former glories in an inspired live performance at Madison Square Garden on October 9, 2004 where 50 members of the sold-out audience use handheld cameras to capture the show."
‑ Cole Smithey, ColeSmithey.com
"It's frustrating to see their cavorting so annoyingly chopped up and in such grainy images."
‑ David Noh, Film Journal International
"frankly, the Boys' videos are far more entertaining."
‑ Christopher Null, Filmcritic.com
"The result is a free-flowing, hyper-edited pastiche of sight and sound, real and unreal, and the occasional bathroom break. It's a lot of things, but it stays true to the title: it is awesome."
‑ Brian Orndorf, FilmJerk.com
"I had fun, even if I'm not a huge fan of the group..."
"The shaky camerawork gets old quickly. So does the fan who filmed himself urinating."
‑ Dan Lybarger, Kansas City Star
"An aggressively kinetic record."
‑ Nick Schager, Slant Magazine
"Awesome; I... Shot That! is exactly that; it's f...in' awesome!"
‑ Michael Ferraro, Film Threat
"My opinion of this unique and exciting concert flick may be influenced by the fact that I simply L-O-V-E the band, but really; who else was this movie made for except the old-school Beastie faithful?"
‑ Scott Weinberg, DVDTalk.com
"A high-energy document to the power of performance and uncanned creativity."
‑ David N. Butterworth, rec.arts.movies.reviews