Babylon A.D.
Hong Kong action icon Michelle Yeoh stars alongside American muscle Vin Diesel in this science fiction thriller concerning a nun who is charged with the task of caring for a young girl who may be the carrier of a deadly virus. Based on author Maurice Dantec's Babylon Babies, this tale of genetic manipulation comes to the screen courtesy of director Mathieu Kassovitz. ~ Jason Buchanan, Rovi

"Skip it aggressively."
‑ Ben Mankiewicz, At the Movies
"This is a case of a potentially epic tale being pruned and diced to the point where its underlying ideas are reduced to trite clichés."
‑ James Berardinelli, ReelViews
"To put it bluntly, Babylon A.D. is a cluttered mess. Characters have been under developed, realtionships have no chemistry, and its conclusion feels rushed and leaves too many unresolved questions."
‑ Matthew Pejkovic, Matt's Movie Reviews
"There are moments here that are spectacular, and there are many more that are spectacular failures."
‑ David Cornelius, DVDTalk.com
"I call it (sneeringly, natch) the 'New Nihilism,' but, to be fair, it's really just the old, Franco-Prussian existential angst hole ratcheted up and dumbed down for our not so brave new world."
‑ Marc Savlov, Austin Chronicle
"I unfortunately had a seat that faced the screen and I have two hours of my life that I will never get back."
‑ Ben Lyons, At the Movies
"An abysmal French thriller in which everyone -- Diesel included -- speaks as if they've learned their lines phonetically."
‑ Elizabeth Weitzman, New York Daily News
"Violent actioner is dull, dreary, and defective."
‑ James Rocchi, Common Sense Media
"Kakostimeni apopeira foytoyristikis klotsoperipeteias, me metaiores senariakes akrobasies, tsoyhteres eksarseis melodramatismoy, asygkratites aythairesies metafysikoy kai enohlitikes omoiotites me to Pempto Stoiheio (1997), poy dinoyn neo noima stin euro-"
‑ Joseph Proimakis, Movies for the Masses
"This occasionally lavish, often clunky venture is consistently watchable if not terribly memorable or distinctive."
‑ Lisa Nesselson, Screen International
"With his face like a squashed doughnut, and physique like the tyres of a huge truck, Diesel just doesn't inhabit the same planet as Rampling or even Kassovitz himself."
‑ Ruth Hessey, MovieTime, ABC Radio National
"[A] futuristic mess of biblical proportions."
‑ Michael Rechtshaffen, Hollywood Reporter
"A joyless mess of a movie."
‑ Anders Wotzke, Moviedex
"With bland protagonists and power figures unpleasant enough for us to want them out of our sight more than we want them defeated, it doesn't do much to hold our interest."
‑ Brian Webster, Apollo Guide
"As if the gruff dialogue isn't bad enough, the action scenes are merely adequate."
‑ Gary Brown, Houston Community Newspapers