Babylon A.D.
It is the not-too-distant future. Thousands of satellites scan, observe and monitor our every move. Much of the planet is a war zone; the rest, a collection of wretched way stations, teeming megalopolises, and vast wastelands punctuated by areas left radioactive from nuclear meltdowns. It is a world made for hardened warriors, one of whom, a mercenary known only as Toorop, lives by a simple survivor's code: kill or be killed. His latest assignment has him smuggling a young woman named Aurora from a convent in Kazakhstan to New York City. Toorop, his new young charge Aurora and Aurora's… More

"The movie has a nice look -- gray, rusted metal exposed to Siberian and Bering Strait snow. What it lacks is coherence and a compelling reason for us to take this often-abrupt journey with Aurora, Toorop and Sister Rebeka."
‑ Roger Moore, Orlando Sentinel
"With his face like a squashed doughnut, and physique like the tyres of a huge truck, Diesel just doesn't inhabit the same planet as Rampling or even Kassovitz himself."
‑ Ruth Hessey, MovieTime, ABC Radio National
"Babylon A.D. is a plodding incoherent fiasco, though an oddly compelling one."
‑ Corey Hall, Metro Times (Detroit, MI)
"Violent actioner is dull, dreary, and defective."
‑ James Rocchi, Common Sense Media
"Kakostimeni apopeira foytoyristikis klotsoperipeteias, me metaiores senariakes akrobasies, tsoyhteres eksarseis melodramatismoy, asygkratites aythairesies metafysikoy kai enohlitikes omoiotites me to Pempto Stoiheio (1997), poy dinoyn neo noima stin euro-"
‑ Joseph Proimakis, Movies for the Masses
"Skip it aggressively."
‑ Ben Mankiewicz, At the Movies
"This is a case of a potentially epic tale being pruned and diced to the point where its underlying ideas are reduced to trite clichés."
‑ James Berardinelli, ReelViews
"Despite all its noise and bluster, this big-budget blockbuster is actually a rather slight dystopian sci-fi thriller."
‑ Andrew Collins, Radio Times
"A joyless mess of a movie."
‑ Anders Wotzke, Moviedex
"With bland protagonists and power figures unpleasant enough for us to want them out of our sight more than we want them defeated, it doesn't do much to hold our interest."
‑ Brian Webster, Apollo Guide
"I unfortunately had a seat that faced the screen and I have two hours of my life that I will never get back."
‑ Ben Lyons, At the Movies
"Even if it never finds an audience outside L.A., someone ought to write a book called When Dull Films Happen To Clever Production Designers."
‑ Keith Phipps, AV Club
"To put it bluntly, Babylon A.D. is a cluttered mess. Characters have been under developed, realtionships have no chemistry, and its conclusion feels rushed and leaves too many unresolved questions."
‑ Matthew Pejkovic, Matt's Movie Reviews
"There are moments here that are spectacular, and there are many more that are spectacular failures."
‑ David Cornelius, DVDTalk.com
"I call it (sneeringly, natch) the 'New Nihilism,' but, to be fair, it's really just the old, Franco-Prussian existential angst hole ratcheted up and dumbed down for our not so brave new world."
‑ Marc Savlov, Austin Chronicle