Beer for My Horses
Beer For My Horses
Country music star Toby Keith writes and stars in this road movie comedy inspired by his chart-topping hit of the same name. Beer for My Horses opens to find small-town deputies and longtime buddies Rack (Keith) and Lonnie (Rodney Carrington) quietly enforcing the law in a small Southern town. Things are relatively quiet in their neck of the woods, so when a violent drug lord (Carlos Sanz) kidnaps Rack's girlfriend (Claire Forlani) in response to seeing his brother (Greg Serano) get arrested, Sheriff Landry (Tom Skerrit) implores them to sit tight and let the professionals handle the case.… More

"Even ticketbuyers with a hearty appetite for hayseed humor may be repulsed by the coarse cornpone tomfoolery of Beer for My Horses."
‑ Joe Leydon, Variety
"Michael Salomon traffics in easy plot points like kidnapped damsels and land-grubbing farm barons (Barry Corbin), paired with casual sexism, copious booze and uncomfortable bigotry."
‑ Amy Nicholson, Boxoffice Magazine
"A hayseed hodgepodge of clichéd plotting, racist stereotyping, vulgar humor, cartoonish acting, clumsy drama and shameless product placement."
‑ Neil Pond, American Profile
"Like Middle Age Crazy and Ode to Billie Joe, Beer for My Horses belongs in that small but not exactly elite company of movies based on hit country songs."
‑ Dave Tianen, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
"Good lord, even the poster tagline is repugnant - "Vigilante justice - it's a blast!""
‑ Simon Foster, sbs.com.au