Before Sunrise

"Cynical viewers who have left their optimistic, twenty-something years behind might find it difficult to connect with the characters, but Linklater deserves credit for crafting such an impressive sense of naturalism."
‑ Stephen Carty, Flix Capacitor
"Two strangers quickly fall in love, discuss big ideas."
‑ Elliot Panek, Common Sense Media
"the film asks us to consider the very nature and purpose of our existence in a fragmentary, superficial and transient universe."
‑ Dan Jardine, Cinemania
"Acting tour de force that feels exceptionally real"
‑ John A. Nesbit, Old School Reviews
"Agreeably alluring."
‑ Nick Schager, Lessons of Darkness
"Undoubtedly one of the most romantic movies of all time..."
‑ David Nusair, Reel Film Reviews
"Linklater captures romance at the sunset of gadget-free existence ... holy moments when no gadget or lens comes between us and our immediate company and surroundings."
‑ Jeffrey Overstreet, Looking Closer
"Linklater hasn't just crafted a detached portrait of a unique couple: he's painting a masterful examination of human nature, of that relationship we all want, but too often sadly see slip away."
‑ Gabe Leibowitz, Film and Felt
"Hawke and Delpy keep the tone not only afloat but mesmerizing. So natural are their performances that it seems impossible not to believe they truly are soulmates who are locked in a doomed, all-too-short affair."
‑ Phil Villarreal, Arizona Daily Star
"É como testemunhar duas pessoas se apaixonando uma pela outra em tempo real: algo simultaneamente mágico, comovente e de partir o coração."
‑ Pablo Villaca, Cinema em Cena
"...a bittersweet celebration of romantic frisson - the notion that our most precious moments of connection are often the fleeting ones."
‑ Josh Larsen, LarsenOnFilm
"The combination of optimism, tragedy, and the fuzzy warmth of new love is absolutely flawless."
‑ Tim Brayton, Antagony & Ecstasy
"A thought-provoking, likable, entertaining, beautiful, and well-acted piece of romance..."
"Inspired by Godard's lyrical film-essays, Linklater revisits his unreleased debut (also set on a train), while paying tribute to Rohmer's cerebral moral fables. Though narrower in scope, this film is more mature and generous than previous efforts."
‑ Emanuel Levy, EmanuelLevy.Com
"It's the best pick up movie ever."