Bite the Bullet
Fast-paced and episodic, this exciting western adventure chronicles a 600 mile cross-country horse race. The stories of the individual racers unfold as they gallop their sturdy steeds across the rugged, unforgiving terrain. The cinematography is exceptional and the stories move right along.

Buy SD $8.99 -
- -

"An excellent, literate action drama probing the diverse motivations of participants in an endurance horse race."
‑ Variety Staff, Variety
"A finely crafted, epic Western about a cross-country horseback endurance race."
"I wish I had a bullet to chew down on to kill the pain this pic gave me."
"Bite the Bullet may be many things, but boring it's not."
‑ Patrick Byrne, Apollo Guide
"Any random thought ever committed to paper about the intrinsic 'messages' of the Western genre here turns up as a line of speechifying dialogue: the result is a folly stultified by its own seriousness."
‑ , Time Out
"Unusual, big budget western concerning horse race to deathly finish."
‑ Steve Crum, Video-Reviewmaster.com
"Offers a fresh twist on winning out and gives us pause to think about our way of being in the world"
‑ Frederic and Mary Ann Brussat, Spirituality and Practice
"In spite of all the care, the money and the hardships that apparently went into its production, the movie looks prefabricated, like something assembled from other people's earlier, better inspirations."
‑ Vincent Canby, New York Times
"Spendid period piece about an endurance horse race."
‑ , TV Guide's Movie Guide
"The result is that the film's message about sportsmanship decency becomes thoroughly anodyne. Entertaining nevertheless."
‑ , Film4