Boy Wonder
A young boy witnesses the brutal murder of his mother during a Brooklyn car-jacking. Now a 17-year-old loner, Sean Donovan (Caleb Steinmeyer) is relentlessly haunted by his past and obsessed with finding his mother's killer. Drawn into a nocturnal urban underworld, Sean's consuming rage is vented one night, defending himself from a chaotic attack by a drug dealer. Thus begins his life as a quiet, straight-A student by day and a self-appointed hero at night. Investigating a series of vigilante murders, hot-shot new homicide detective Teresa Ames (Zulay Henao) takes an interest in Sean… More

"An intriguing, low-budget look at a young vigilante whose "heroism" comes with much moral ambivalence."
‑ Kirk Honeycutt, Hollywood Reporter
"Morrissey displays a flair for moody atmospherics as his protagonist wanders Gotham's streets and subways at night, but the film relies too heavily on cryptic flashbacks and deliberate gaps in the narrative to create suspense."
‑ Ronnie Scheib, Variety
"Sometimes I think vigilante dramas would be more tolerable if they were pure violent payback, without all the moral grandstanding about our flawed criminal justice system."
‑ J. R. Jones, Chicago Reader
"Though the story eventually develops some shading, Mr. Morrissey's enthusiasm for graphic novels is evident in every overstylized frame and underwritten conversation."
‑ Jeannette Catsoulis, New York Times
"I started watching it with moderate expectations and was surprised by how quickly I was drawn in; the movie works insistently on an emotional level."