Bratz: The Movie
The most popular fashion dolls in America make the leap to the big screen in this live-action adventure that follows four diverse teenage girls who make the jump from middle school to high school, only to find that their four-part friendship doesn't fit into the rigid clique system at their new institution. Fed up with being torn apart, the girls each reject the their respective cliques and reclaim their own group where friendship takes precedence over popularity. Unfortunately, this causes the school's tyrannical student-body president to blow a gasket, and it looks like they'll… More

"It's derivative stuff, and played very straight despite its comical aspirations: this is Mean Girls without the irony."
‑ Anna Smith, Time Out
"A silly movie that's essentially a series of clichés strung together into a semblance of a movie."
‑ Claudia Puig, USA Today
"We are regaled with the spectacle of sparky girl characters, who are aimed squarely at an impressionable tween girl audience, walking about in the sorts of high-fashion outfits you normally see on a catwalk or in the bar of a five-star hotel."
‑ Jim Schembri, The Age (Australia)
"How do our flighty young heroines fight back? By shopping, of course. There is no problem, it seems, a new tube top and mini-skirt can't fix."
‑ Brooke Holgerson, Boston Phoenix
"The flashy foursome seemingly insist from the outset that they're no Barbies. Or are they."
‑ Prairie Miller, NewsBlaze
"With all apologies to Liza Minnelli, Bratz with a z simply goes zzzzz..."
‑ Melissa Anderson, Time Out New York
"Bratz is a disappointment because the characters come off less as the girly superheroes they should be, and more as, well, brats."
‑ Tony Wong, Toronto Star
"Faced with the heroines' high-pitched shrieking, though, you'll soon be feeling enviouz of the deaf dreamboat one of them falls for."
‑ , Total Film
"Sadly, the fact that it's attached to a successful toyline means it barely matters whether it's good or not."
‑ Saxon Bullock, Film4
"By right Bratz should have had no potential at all. Yet it is still disappointing to see the handful of clever ideas and heartfelt themes smothered by corporate, focus-group filmmaking."
‑ Jeffrey Westhoff, Northwest Herald (Crystal Lake, IL)
"Not that I was expecting much out of a movie based on a line of dolls, but this is an amateur production that should have gone straight to basic cable."
‑ Richard Roeper, Ebert & Roeper
"Others who watch with more sense than adoration will likely be dumbfounded by the venal messages of pettiness and possession that the movie honors above all else."
‑ Ted Fry, Seattle Times
"When I walked out during the end credits, Voight was spying on our triumphant heroines through binoculars, making me feel even dirtier than when I sheepishly approached the box office and requested, "One for Bratz, please.""
‑ Alistair Rockoff, Willamette Week
"Bratz is a surprisingly watchable movie. It could certainly have been a lot worse."
‑ Jennie Kermode, Eye for Film
"Material girls in immaterial comedy for tweens."
‑ Charles Cassady, Common Sense Media