Casino Royale
Actor Daniel Craig assumes the role formerly occupied by such screen greats as Sean Connery, Roger Moore, and Timothy Dalton to set out on the character's very first 007 mission. James Bond has earned his "00" status by masterfully executing a pair of death-defying professional assassinations. Now assigned the task of traveling to Madagascar to spy on notorious terrorist Mollaka (Sebastien Foucan) for his maiden voyage as a 007 agent, Bond boldly goes against MI6 policy to launch an independent investigation that finds him traversing the Bahamas in search of Mollaka's… More

"Bond as a human being? Who'd'a'thunk?"
‑ Bob Mondello, NPR.org
"I consider Daniel Craig to be the most effective and appealing of the six actors who have played 007, and that includes even Sean Connery."
‑ Andrew Sarris, New York Observer
"GOLDFINGER? SHMOLDFINGER! CASINO ROYALE is the best James Bond movie to date. Not only that, but it is also one of the best action movies ever made. And now, has become one of my favorite films. This is a classic."
‑ Austin Kennedy, Film Geek Central
"Let's say straight off that Craig is very good indeed: everything about his performance shows cunning and grace."
‑ Roger Clarke, Sight and Sound
"A Bond for our times, indeed"
‑ Fernando F. Croce, CinePassion
"Casino Royale has the answers to all my complaints about the 45-year-old James Bond series, and some I hadn't even thought of."
"Craig is also the best Bond in the franchise's history."
‑ Joshua Rothkopf, Time Out New York
"A streamlined back to basics approach for Bond that hits all the right marks in rejuvenating the franchise for a new generation."
‑ Jeffrey Lyles, Lyles' Movie Files
"Casino Royale is a welcome break from the past and a strong and entertaining film in its own right, proving the continuing viability of Fleming's creation 50 years after his inception."
‑ Joshua Starnes, ComingSoon.net
"Every era gets the James Bond it deserves. Ours gets a Bond who's strong and forceful but also reckless and arrogant, who blunders into tricky situations in Third World countries and makes a bloody mess of things."
‑ Gary Susman, Boston Phoenix
"I hope Craig finds more moments like that in Bond. And I hope he gets to wear that tuxedo again and again and again."
‑ David Edelstein, New York Magazine
"Daniel Craig is a fair-haired, bare-knuckle antidote to Pierce Brosnan. On the action-adventure level, it hits the bulls-eye."
‑ Joe Williams, St. Louis Post-Dispatch
"A muscular, wildly successful attempt to strip the lucrative James Bond franchise back to basics."
‑ Allan Hunter, Screen International
"Daniel Craig brings originality James Bond, playing the super spy as ruthless, arrogant and cocky, but also bringing much more depth and emotion than any other actor before him."
‑ Matthew Pejkovic, Matt's Movie Reviews
"A strong, well defined story, some unexpected betrayals and hidden corners, sensational locations and an absence of gadgets make Casino Royale a right royal Bond movie."
‑ Andrew L. Urban, Urban Cinefile