Catch a Fire
Based on the real-life story of Patrick Chamusso, this political thriller spans the years from South Africa's turbulent 1980s to the present day. Patrick is an oil refinery employee and soccer player who is apolitical--until he and his wife are brutalized by government-sanctioned terror squads. Shocked into action, Patrick reorients his sense of self and purpose. Even as policeman Nic Vos further insinuates himself into the lives of Patrick and his family, Patrick becomes a rebel fighter and political operative, staging daring solo attacks against the brutal apartheid regime. Change must… More

"At its best when making the most of the conflicts at the heart of apartheid."
‑ Dave Calhoun, Time Out
"Catch a Fire is confident enough to depict the battle from all sides."
‑ Christy Lemire, Associated Press
"It doesn't quite have the adrenaline to be a great thriller, but Catch a Fire makes up for it with compelling characters and a genuinely important theme, skillfully told. There's not much else you can ask from a film than that."
‑ Joshua Starnes, ComingSoon.net
"Movies like Catch a Fire are perhaps the most banal sort to write about."
‑ Gabe Leibowitz, Film and Felt
"Let us hope that Noyce's influence in Hollywood will help give this film the attention it deserves, and that his newfound activism will have some effect."
‑ Beverly Berning, culturevulture.net
"Despite Mr. Noyce's attempt to achieve a sense of balance and restraint, the material covers an overly familiar landscape with no special insight or sense of purpose."
‑ Rex Reed, New York Observer
"[The film is] complex. It's rich. I think it's well-done."
‑ Richard Roeper, Ebert & Roeper
"Gritty apartheid drama pushes PG-13 limits."
‑ Jane Boursaw, Common Sense Media
"Noyce is now the favorite filmmaker of your local Amnesty International"
‑ Amy Nicholson, I.E. Weekly
"Sadly, it's all a bit of a Boer about 20 years past its sell-by date and tells us little we didn't know already.Catch a Fire's sluggishly paced plot refuses to come"
‑ Neil Smith, thelondonpaper
"Catch a Fire ignites, incites and informs as few other movies of the fall do."
‑ Roger Moore, Orlando Sentinel
"Robbins tips the balance with his one-dimensional performance, and the earnest script follows in kind, settling for the sort of paternalistic take on black power and dignity that has dogged virtually every film like this."
‑ Scott Tobias, AV Club
"If Derek Luke's performance is anything to go by, than we might just have the next great actor of this generation."
‑ Matthew Pejkovic, Matt's Movie Reviews
"...as the credits rolled, I did hope for more."
‑ Jason Gorber, Film Scouts
"Featuring excllent performances from Luke and Robbins, Catch A Fire is a mature, thought provoking film."
‑ Paul Arendt, BBC.com