Catfish
In late 2007, filmmakers Ariel Schulman and Henry Joost sensed a story unfolding as they began to film the life of Ariel's brother, Nev. They had no idea that their project would lead to the most exhilarating and unsettling months of their lives. A reality thriller that is a shocking product of our times, Catfish is a riveting story of love, deception and grace within a labyrinth of online intrigue.-- (C) Official Site

"If you begin with the premise that all films, docs and dramas, are constructs of one sort or another and it's the how and why that's important, you'll have fun pulling this apart."
‑ Dave Calhoun, Time Out
"The film tells a devastating story that couldn't be more relevant to our times, who we are in real life versus the way we present ourselves online."
‑ Adam Graham, Detroit News
"definitely eerie and scary, though not in the traditional sense"
‑ Kevin Carr, 7M Pictures
"Fascinating, if far-fetched film of a real life game of online Liar's Poker exposing the perils of Internet romance."
‑ Roger Moore, Movie Nation
"It's gripping, heartfelt and occasionally laugh-out-loud funny, only let down by a directionless ending."
‑ Philippa Warr, Digital Spy
"It must be said that the filmmakers, who profess to be as surprised as we are about how things play out, are being disingenuous at best and underhanded at worst."
‑ Peter Rainer, Christian Science Monitor
"At the end of this exquisitely poignant film, it's clear we humans are going to need a refreshed emotional skill set if we're to make sense of the real relationships we forge in our virtual worlds."
‑ Lisa Kennedy, Denver Post
"In a classic case of filmmakers prioritizing their own pitch over the actual goods, Ariel Schulman and Henry Joost put Schulman's toothy-grinned brother Nev front and center as he investigates his fishy long-distance Facebook crush."
‑ Nicolas Rapold, Film Comment Magazine
"Catfish is a unique documentary - like Capturing The Friedmans, it starts as one thing and mutates into a completely different, terrifying animal halfway through."
‑ Ali Gray, TheShiznit.co.uk
"Catfish certainly feels real enough to leave you with a stunned feeling at its finale and a nagging suspicion that the world is an even stranger place than you imagined."
‑ Matt Neal, The Standard
"And you thought MySpace was scary."
‑ Tom Horgen, Minneapolis Star Tribune
"There are some creepy chuckles to be had from this allegedly true account."
‑ Cliff Doerksen, Chicago Reader
"A film in which we spend an hour with these three dopes from Soho should have dispensed with each of them and just focused on this fascinating, lonely, quietly powerful woman from Michigan."
‑ Will Leitch, Deadspin
"Socially interesting and emotionally affecting, but also highly irritating."
‑ Dan Jardine, Cinemania
"I was utterly enthralled from the first frame to the last."
‑ Dominic Corry, Flicks.co.nz