Centurion
CENTURION is set during the war between Roman soldiers and Pict tribesmen during the 2nd century Roman conquest of Britain. Michael Fassbender stars as Quintus Dias, Roman centurion and son of a legendary gladiator who leads a group of soldiers on a raid of a Pict camp to rescue a captured general (Dominic West). The son of the Pict leader is murdered during the raid, and the Romans find themselves hunted by a seemingly unstoppable group of the Pict's most vicious and skilled warriors, led by a beautiful and deadly tracker (Olga Kurylenko), and hell bent on revenge.-- (C) Magnolia

"Auteur cinema of a very narrow stripe, this personalizes a familiar genre to advance a singularly pessimistic view of humanity."
‑ Ben Sachs, Chicago Reader
"The film has a resigned bitterness, hard to shake off, that feels right for the experience of tough guys, from whatever period of history, who find themselves at the tattered edge of what they take to be civilization."
‑ Anthony Lane, New Yorker
"Centruion is an exciting and intense action/adventure film with fantastic fight scenes and strong acting."
‑ Matt Joseph, We Got This Covered
"With a raucous, gruesome tone, this Roman-era British action movie takes us back in time in such a vivid way that we often feel a bit queasy while watching. If the story were stronger, we'd be glued to the screen."
‑ Rich Cline, Shadows on the Wall
"Features a commitment to craft that helps overcome issues of storytelling by providing a visceral, violent experience designed to get you in your gut and bones more than in your heart or head."
‑ Brian Tallerico, Movie Retriever
"Centurion wraps itself in talk of duty and honor, but really it's just another cinematic death-trip."
‑ Ann Hornaday, Washington Post
"Marshall shows off the breathtaking landscape, but with interiors, he populates the ale houses and encampments with cliches."
‑ Joe Neumaier, New York Daily News
"A darned entertaining outing from a director who knows action and doesn't share Hollywood's fear of period pieces that don't involve Greek gods."
‑ Roger Moore, Movie Nation
"The sight of a technologically superior occupying force coming a cropper in hostile foreign territory inescapably brings modern Afghanistan to mind."
‑ Jason Best, Movie Talk
"It's a cat and mouse game where we are stuck rooting for the cat even though it killed and raped thousands of mice."
‑ Jeff Bayer, The Scorecard Review
"Marshall is big on desaturated imagery, which imparts to the film's copious amounts of hemoglobin the look of squid ink."
‑ Peter Rainer, Christian Science Monitor
"Bloody well done."
‑ Rob Nelson, Minneapolis Star Tribune
"Michael Fassbender can carry a movie."
‑ Dave White, Movies.com
"Director Neil Marshall thrills yet again setting forth his own vision of the gladiator epic that pays tribute to the classic tropes of the sub-genre, but is concurrently a revenge film and journey in to darkness..."
"If I believed in the concept of "guilty pleasures," I'd classify Centurion as one, but I think I maybe just kind of enjoyed it."
‑ Mike Russell, Oregonian