Cheaper by the Dozen 2
The jumbo-sized Baker family are back in this sequel to the 2003 box-office hit Cheaper by the Dozen. College football coach Tom Baker (Steve Martin) and his wife, author Kate Baker (Bonnie Hunt), have decided its time they took their sizable brood of 12 children on a summer vacation, and so they pack up the cars and take the kids to Lake Winnetka for some camping. Not all the kids are happy about this, but the one who is really annoyed turns out to be Tom, who discovers his old rival Jimmy Murtaugh (Eugene Levy) is also staying near the lake. Jimmy and his trophy wife, Sarina (Carmen… More

"There's a discernible lack of enthusiasm from almost everyone involved, and Duff, who's gone from wholesome to haggard in two short years, is flat-out scary."
‑ Andrea Gronvall, Chicago Reader
"A family fantasy that plays at being happy and picture-perfect but primarily comes off as fake and dismayingly unfunny."
‑ Gregory Kirschling, Entertainment Weekly
"Cheaper by the Dozen 2 is so incredibly bland and by the numbers it's painful to watch ... it's just a collection of unfunny moments that are both uninteresting and annoying."
‑ Joshua Starnes, ComingSoon.net
"A sequel every bit as bland, forced and flat as the generic 2003 comedy which spawned it."
‑ Garth Franklin, Dark Horizons
"Martin and Levy mug for their close-ups and then retire to their trailers while the stunt doubles do the really hard work."
‑ Jim Lane, Sacramento News & Review
"This is definitely a family trip to stay home and skip."
‑ Desson Thomson, Washington Post
"I wonder how many meetings they had before they came up with that title. And didn't we just see this movie a couple of weeks ago, and wasn't it called Yours, Mine and Ours?"
‑ Richard Roeper, Ebert & Roeper
"I was convinced I was going to hate this film. But, it didn't bug me as much as I thought it would."
‑ Paul Chambers, CNNRadio
"Its heart is in the right place, but a reliance on gimmicks and sentiment undermines the story. In the end, both the laughs and the tears here come just a little too cheap."
‑ Carolyn Arends, Christianity Today
"'Cheaper by the Dozen 2' is one of the reasons that movie viewership dropped off in 2005."
‑ Robert Roten, Laramie Movie Scope
"There's something pernicious about a toxic mix of sitcom and snickering sex jokes getting packaged and effectively sold as wholesome fun for the family."
‑ Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
"It aims to be pleasant and good-natured, which it is. There are enough laughs scattered throughout to keep everything moderately amusing, and the cast is likeable."
‑ Randy Cordova, Arizona Republic
"I think it should be considered child abuse to inflict this tripe upon children."
"All I wanted to do was rent Ron Howard's Parenthood again just to remind myself that Steve Martin once made a film about families that was both honest and funny."
‑ Sandra Hall, Sydney Morning Herald
"A couple of good chuckles can't redeem this sappy mess."
‑ Helen OHara, Empire Magazine