Dark Streets
A na´ve playboy investigating the suspicious death of his wealthy father finds his charmed life as owner of the hottest nightclub in town suddenly spiraling into disaster in this shadowy film noir fever dream from director Rachel Samuels. Gabriel Mann, Bijou Phillips, Izabella Miko, and Elias Koteas headline the film, which features music by Aaron Neville, Etta James, Dr. John, Natalie Cole, Chaka Khan, and more.

"An unwieldy combination of film noir and film musical, Dark Streets doesn't manage to be effective on either level."
‑ Frank Scheck, Hollywood Reporter
"Dark Streets lost me early, real early, like still-adjusting-my-eyes-in-a-dark-theater early: Welcome to the blues, growls the entertainer with the mohawk and the full-length ringmaster gown."
‑ Christopher Borrelli, Chicago Tribune
"A flimsy blues-oriented Moulin Rouge with a touch of Chinatown-style public corruption thrown in."
‑ Mike Scott, Times-Picayune
"The cast of lightweights come off as kids playing dress-up in their parents' old clothes."
‑ Michael Dequina, TheMovieReport.com
"The roster of R&B artists heard on the soundtrack is impressive; the movie is not."
‑ John P. McCarthy, Boxoffice Magazine
"Dark Streets has atmosphere coming out its ears, but not much going on between them."
‑ Nathan Lee, New York Times
"Rachel Samuels' thin, affected jazz-age noir Dark Streets is worse than most, grafting an indifferent series of twists and double-crosses onto a blues-nightclub backdrop that overwhelms the foreground."
‑ Scott Tobias, AV Club
"Looks great and sound great, but it doesn't have enough heart and soul and, ultimately, seems too artsy-fartsy while leaving feeling cold."
‑ Avi Offer, NYC Movie Guru
"A film noir musical fantasy that falls flat due to a weak screenplay."
‑ Frederic and Mary Ann Brussat, Spirituality and Practice
"Sophisticated elements rise above this murk - Toledo as the MC and music that is a serious contribution to the blues repertory."
‑ Nora Lee Mandel, Film-Forward.com
"I love musicals, but I'd be hard-pressed to recommend this curiosity."
‑ Lou Lumenick, New York Post
"So obsessed with mimicry it's practically a tribute band of a movie."
‑ Tim Grierson, L.A. Weekly
"There's nothing worse than a soft-boiled noir. Dashiell Hammett this is not."
‑ Cole Smithey, ColeSmithey.com
"A poetic, rambunctious film that shows no matter how much we see, we never see, and no matter how much things change, the more they stay the same."
‑ Ron Wilkinson, Monsters and Critics
"It's atmospheric like a steaming pile."
‑ Travis Nichols, Seattle Post-Intelligencer