Diabolique
Diabolique (1996)

Guy, evil headmaster of a boarding school, makes problems for his wife by having an affair with a teacher. Eventually the two woman tire of his abuse and drown him in the bathtub then throw his corpse into the pool, but when the pool is… More

Rated: R
User Score

Critic Score: 12% Rotten Tomatoes™ Critic Reviews
Mike Clark
USA Today

The husband is still a brute, and the swimming pool is still moldy, but the new Diabolique fails to translate into anything more than the latest ham-handed Hollywood makeover of a European classic.

Michael Dequina
TheMovieReport.com

Chechik fails to create any real suspense or thrills and does not seamlessly juggle the serious thriller aspects with the black comedy

Steve Rhodes
Internet Reviews

A hopelessly muddled mess.

Rob Gonsalves
eFilmCritic.com

The new Diabolique mostly dispenses with subtlety, contenting itself with regularly scheduled cathartic jolts that pass for suspense in our degraded culture.

Rob Vaux
Flipside Movie Emporium

Silly update of the French classic; the ending is an unforgivable cop-out.

Scott Weinberg
eFilmCritic.com

If it makes at least one person search out and discover the original version, then it's all worth it.

John J. Puccio
Movie Metropolis

Why do Hollywood filmmakers keep messing around with and screwing up past successes?

More reviews for Diabolique

Flixster Audience Score: 35% Flixster User Reviews
Martin Sahlin
I saw this one in the middle of the night. I'm not a fan of sharon stone...but it was pretty good...still not a fan of sharon stone dough
Candy Rose
Good movie with Kathy Bates and Sharon Stone. A wife and mistress plot to kill their lover, but the body disappears. Suspense movie full of twists and turns.
Dean McKenna
Sharon Stone's delightfully slinky outfits are the only genuine attraction in this updated so-called thriller, which pairs her with Isabelle Adjani as the… More
Lafe Fredbjornson
A suspenseful thriller which has some nice twists.
Ginny  X
One of those movies that I liked very much when I was a kid. Sharon Stone was awesome in this movie!
Steve Strange
Not as good as the original.