Drive
Ryan Gosling stars as a Los Angeles wheelman for hire, stunt driving for movie productions by day and steering getaway vehicles for armed heists by night. Though a loner by nature, Driver can't help falling in love with his beautiful neighbor Irene (Carey Mulligan), a vulnerable young mother dragged into a dangerous underworld by the return of her ex-convict husband Standard (Oscar Isaac). After a heist intended to pay off Standard's protection money spins unpredictably out of control, Driver finds himself driving defense for the girl he loves, tailgated by a syndicate of deadly… More

"What it had going for it was an uncanny and moving relationship between Gosling and Mulligan."
‑ David Thomson, The New Republic
"The extreme and escalating violence will prove off-putting to some-frankly, I'm surprised not to have been among them-but for the rest, Drive is a needle-punch of adrenaline to the aorta."
‑ Christopher Orr, The Atlantic
"This is pop art of the highest degree."
‑ Will Leitch, Deadspin
"Neither overblown action movie or intimate character study, Drive is somewhere in between - my approximation of "an arthouse Fast & Furious" wasn't too wide of the mark after all."
‑ Ali Gray, TheShiznit.co.uk
"If Sofia Coppola were a dude making genre action movies to impress Quentin Tarantino ... those movies would be a lot like this."
‑ Jeffrey Overstreet, Filmwell
"Sure, it's shallow, but it's also slickly compelling, beautifully crafted and so damn shiny."
‑ Tom Huddleston, Time Out
"In reworking genres without quoting shamelessly, Refn proves himself his own man and a guy quite capable of taking us places we didn't even know we wanted to go."
‑ Lisa Kennedy, Denver Post
"Hands down the coolest film of 2011, Drive is a stylised genre film where the genre is constantly changing."
‑ Tom Glasson, Concrete Playground
"Nicolas Winding Refn's atmosperic direction, Gosling's sheer presence and a soundtrack that's perfection make Drive a fantastic film."
‑ Kristal Cooper, We Got This Covered
"Drive is surprising in many ways, from its quietly spoken first act through its increasingly violent and unexpected trajectory."
‑ Matt Neal, The Standard
"In grabbing our attention, [Refn] diverts it from what matters. The horror lingers and seeps; the feelings are sponged away."
‑ Anthony Lane, New Yorker
"Drive is pedal-to-the-metal stuff. Don't get behind the wheel unless you can take the rush."
‑ Tom Long, Detroit News
"Something under the hood of Drive captured my heart; director Nicolas Winding Refn has admirably crafted a fine piece of retro-noir cinema."
‑ Chase Whale, Gordon and the Whale
"With a titanic infusion of pound-feet of torque, Drive is the best movie of 2011, a raging race that's part F1 and equal part demolition derby."
‑ Erick Weber, Final Cut on Film
"It's a slow-burn romantic fairy tale that suddenly turns dark and very violent, but director Nicholas Winding Refn is a master at developing suspense and menace, and every frame of this movie is dripping with both."
‑ Eric Melin, Scene-Stealers.com