"Forget Hollywood remakes; this is one film Iā(TM)d like to see reworked by an arthouse director and a pack of actors with smaller names and bigger reserves of subtlety."
‑ Nina Caplan, Time Out
"Promising start, but it unravels with an ill-advised confrontation scene and an ending that rings false."
‑ Richard Roeper, Richard Roeper.com
"Jones's efforts to re-tool the Italian original for an American audience prove disappointing. The comedy is broader, the dramatic crises have been sweetened and the ending has an uplift that was entirely missing from the original."
‑ Jason Best, Movie Talk
"...an unapologetically sentimental drama..."
‑ David Nusair, Reel Film Reviews
"De Niro does quietly affecting work, but he canā(TM)t elevate a pat Family Rediscovering Each Other drama into anything much above afternoon TV movie fodder."
‑ Ian Freer, Empire Magazine
"Is it anything special? No, not really. But it's an agreeable and even touching little snapshot of family life."
‑ Eric D. Snider, Film.com
"If nothing else (and there ain't much else), Everybody's Fine does prove one thing: Even an actor with the gifts of Robert De Niro can't make bland interesting."
‑ Rick Groen, Globe and Mail
"66 year-old Robert De Niro accomplishes what may be his bravest role of the last two decades by simply choosing to play a real old man in Kirk Jones? Everybody?s Fine."
‑ Simon Foster, sbs.com.au
"A recently widowed retiree embarks on a cross-country journey to visit each of his children, expecting to find them as happy and successful as their stories painted them."
‑ Annlee Ellingson, Moving Pictures Magazine
"Itā(TM)s a little like About Schmidt minus the sly wit, subtlety and directorial flair."
‑ Wendy Ide, Times [UK]
"I didn't feel like I was watching characters who were related to each other. Every scene they are in, I felt like I was watching movie stars meeting each other for the first time."
‑ A.O. Scott, At the Movies
"There's no challenge to this material, no real emotional pull, it's one of those films that simply rolls by until its right-from-the-beginning predictable ending."
‑ Tom Long, Detroit News
"What makes the unabashedly sentimental package work a lot better than it should is Robert De Niro."
‑ Michael Dequina, TheMovieReport.com
"A film with a few inspired moments - mostly towards the end - sprinkled in with a whole lot of awkward, even mean, portions. The result is a major disappointment."
‑ Ryan Cracknell, Movie Views
"A refreshingly open, untricksy performance from De Niro, and very possibly the harbinger of an excellent late period for him as an actor. As for the film, well "fine" is what can reasonably be said."
‑ Peter Bradshaw, Guardian [UK]