Feast of Love
A group of friends living in suburban Oregon come into contact with a sensual free spirit named Chloe (Alexa Davalos), who changes their outlook on life in the most unexpected of ways in this ensemble drama adapted from the acclaimed novel by author Charles Baxter. As college professor and writer Harry Stevenson (Morgan Freeman) sits quietly in the coffee shop of his tight-knit Oregon community, the local residents all around him all become swept up in the magical mischief of love. Coffee shop owner Bradley (Greg Kinnear) has a bad habit of looking for love in all the wrong places, and his… More

Buy SD $9.99 -
- -
- Rent SD $2.99
- -

"A would-be-wistful dramedy that's almost insufferably full of itself."
‑ Bob Mondello, NPR.org
"Multiple narratives are fluidly interwoven and the writing is often inspired, resulting in dialogue that feels honest and insightful, if occasionally mannered."
‑ Claudia Puig, USA Today
"There's only so much Freeman's gorgeous voiceover can do to hold it all together."
‑ Hank Sartin, Time Out Chicago
"Feast of Love is a multi-layered -- layers of baloney -- tale of pursuit of love."
‑ Tony Macklin, Fayetteville Free Weekly
"it was definitely an interesting movie that caught my attention more than I ever expected it would"
‑ Kevin Carr, 7M Pictures
"It's episodic and I'd say I liked about 60 percent of it and about 40 percent of it I could leave, but it's just enough for me to say it's worth seeing."
‑ Richard Roeper, Ebert & Roeper
"Director Robert Benton finds an emotional through line in a format that might have easily broken down into a series of disconnected anecdotes with little to nourish us."
‑ Susan Walker, Toronto Star
"A ruthlessly winsome movie"
‑ Fernando F. Croce, CinePassion
"Let Google point you to this movie's finer moments, and leave the rest. It's really that bad."
‑ Jeff Giles, Bullz-Eye.com
"Feast of Love is the kind of movie that gets conveniently omitted from résumés."
‑ Alonso Duralde, MSNBC
"At one point he tells a love-struck friend, 'I think I'd proceed with caution.' I'd proceed just as cautiously to the movie."
‑ Joe Morgenstern, Wall Street Journal
"It's a worthy effort, even as it does fall short; a good meal but hardly a feast."
‑ Moira MacDonald, Seattle Times
"Only the romance of two brittle twentysomethings (Toby Hemingway and Alexa Davalos) breaks free of the faux profundity and tedium that swallow up this feast whenever the characters leave the bedroom."
‑ Mark Bazer, Boston Phoenix
"An overwhelming, yet boring mess."
‑ Heather Huntington, ReelzChannel.com
"Thanks to his excellent cast, and a very light touch, Benton makes these tangled relationships both real and touching."
‑ David Stratton, At the Movies (Australia)