Finding Neverland
Following up his critically acclaimed Monster's Ball, director Marc Forster took on this biography of playwright James Matthew Barrie, the scribe who penned the children's classic Peter Pan. Johnny Depp stars as the turn-of-the-century writer as the film follows Barrie as he struggles to write and have his play produced while he cares for his down-on-their-luck neighbors who inspired the story in the first place. J.M. Barrie's Neverland also stars Dustin Hoffman, Kate Winslet, and Julie Christie. ~ Matthew Tobey, Rovi

"Infused by an awkward decorum; the kind that descends on a gathering dominated by an unmentioned death or transgression."
‑ Wally Hammond, Time Out
"Finding Neverland is not exactly the way it happened, but this is a movie with a higher truth, one we need to believe in. And you will believe. You will."
‑ Roger Moore, Orlando Sentinel
"Not about Peter Pan, and not a kids' movie."
‑ Nell Minow, Common Sense Media
"Johnny Depp makes another run at the Oscar in the shoes of author-playwright J.M. Barrie."
‑ Mark Halverson, Sacramento News & Review
"A charming and dramatic tearjerker that's sweet without resorting to syrup."
‑ Russ Breimeier, Christianity Today
"If it didn't have Johnny Depp as its star, Finding Neverland would barely pass muster as an average PBS Masterpiece Theatre entry."
‑ Ken Tucker, New York Magazine
"Watchable and passably engaging."
‑ Rene Rodriguez, Miami Herald
"A heartfelt, beautiful film, and one of the best dramas I've seen in years."
"Finding Neverland is about hanging on to that belief in something that transcends the empirical world. It's a small, gentle, graceful motion picture."
‑ Jeffrey Overstreet, Looking Closer
"Plenty of narrative liberties have been taken. It doesn't matter a jot. At heart, this isn't a biography anyway, it's an ode to the power of the imagination."
‑ Jason Blake, Sydney Morning Herald
"It's harmless cotton candy with pleasant turn-of-the-century décor, but I admit the Disney ambiance eventually wore me out and I spent a lot of time looking at my watch."
‑ Rex Reed, New York Observer
"Depp is a charm. He becomes his own, subtly compelling Barrie."
‑ Desson Thomson, Washington Post
"Like Big Fish and The Neverending Story, this is a film that reminds us that life, coloured by our perceptions, is what we make it; all we have to do is believe."
‑ Urban Cinefile Critics, Urban Cinefile
"full review in Greek"
‑ Joseph Proimakis, Movies for the Masses
"A nicely played family entertainment with perhaps more mystery than it knows what to do with."
‑ Anthony Quinn, Independent