F.I.S.T.
The Jimmy Hoffa-esque struggles of a young teamster to organize a union for his fellow teamsters provides the basis of this epic drama that stars Sylvester Stallone. On his way to the top of the unions, the increasingly ruthless and amoral teamster makes the fatal mistake of getting involved with the mob.

- Rent SD $2.99
- Rent HD $3.99

"F.I.S.T. stands for nearly 2 1/2 hours of almost unmitigated boredom-a misfired would-be proletarian epic with Sylvester Stallone misplaying the Jimmy Hoffa part with a self-confidence that borders on the sublime."
‑ Richard Schickel, TIME Magazine
"F.I.S.T. is a big movie that benefits more from the accumulation of small, ordinary detail than from any particular wit or inspiration of vision. It's also played with great conviction by its huge cast."
‑ Vincent Canby, New York Times
"You'll most likely enjoy F.I.S.T. as much as I did: enough to casually recommend the thing, but not all that loudly or excitedly."
‑ Scott Weinberg, DVDTalk.com
"F.I.S.T. is to the labor movement in the United States what All the King's Men was to an era in American politics."
‑ Variety Staff, Variety
"Stallone likes to depart from his customary muscle image from time to time. Often it fails, but sometimes he succeeds, as in this interesting (albeit somewhat flawed) drama of a Hoffa-like trade union leader."
‑ , TV Guide's Movie Guide
"Stallone shows signs of greatness here. Jewison's direction is slick and steady."
‑ Clint Morris, Moviehole
"Stallone's performance is a superb blend of stubborn-jawed gravity and ironic hamming."
‑ , Time Out
"So-so Sly Stallone as labor leader (like Hoffa). Diversion at best."
‑ Steve Crum, Video-Reviewmaster.com
"It is well-trodden territory, with nothing exciting or enlightening offered."
‑ , Film4