Flightplan
A woman is forced to prove her own sanity to save the life of her daughter in this taut thriller. Kyle Pratt (Jodie Foster) is a successful aircraft designer who has recently been dealing with the traumatic death of her husband. After traveling to Berlin on business with her six-year-old daughter, Julia (Marlene Lawston), Kyle falls asleep on their flight back to New York, only to discover that her daughter has gone missing. While not knowing where Julia has gone is troubling enough, even more disturbing is the insistence by sky marshal Gene Carson (Peter Sarsgaard) and Captain Rich (Sean… More

"[Foster's] such a valuable commodity that I wish she'd spend her time making better movies."
‑ Rex Reed, New York Observer
"The vanished child one really misses here is that adorably sparky, wised-up kid from Bugsy Malone and Alice Doesn't Live Here Any More."
‑ John Patterson, L.A. Weekly
"As with many modern thrillers the actual plot, once it comes to light, is highly implausible, there are a few too many turns towards the end and the climax errs towards the anti-climatic. That being said, it's well put together and entertainingly moody."
‑ Joshua Starnes, ComingSoon.net
"a white-knuckle ride into the anxieties and terrors of the new millennium... Fasten your seatbelts."
‑ Anton Bitel, Eye for Film
"full review in Greek"
‑ Joseph Proimakis, Movies for the Masses
"We're starkly reminded that there's nothing quite so fickle as paranoia, and that some people are never more persuasive than when they're out of their minds."
‑ Mark Holcomb, Village Voice
"One of those thrillers that pivots around the question of how daring -- or how focus-group cautious -- we suspect the filmmakers will turn out to be."
‑ Owen Gleiberman, Entertainment Weekly
"Tense but riveting thriller, best for teens+."
‑ Cynthia Fuchs, Common Sense Media
"Following a smooth takeoff, this psychological thriller hits some turbulence and crash lands due to a preposterous, almost comical, turn of events."
‑ Kam Williams, Princeton Town Topics
"While I do think that Foster and the movies she makes need to lighten up, that isn't quite what I have in mind."
‑ Peter T. Chattaway, Christianity Today
"I do think this is a solid thriller for our times."
‑ Richard Roeper, Ebert & Roeper
"It's always a bad sign in a thriller when the big reveal is greeted by hoots of derisive laughter."
‑ Nell Minow, Beliefnet
"If it's post 9/11, why would they have a plane with bathrooms that lead to tunnel-sized ventilators that have access to the plane's machinery?!"
"Foster is a master at portraying a woman in terror who's trying to balance her fears with a survival instinct that drives her to somehow prevail."
‑ James Plath, Movie Metropolis
"The bickering back and forth between Foster and Sarsgaard becomes tiresome. And the erriness dissipates without anything as interesting to replace it."
‑ Ross Anthony, Hollywood Report Card