Flipped
When second-graders Bryce and Juli first meet, Juli knows it's love. Bryce isn't so sure. Beginning that day, and for the next six years, young Bryce (Callan McAuliffe) does everything he can to keep his outspoken wannabe girlfriend at arm's length...which isn't easy since they go to the same school and live across the street from each other. Smart, dreamy, independent and willing to stand up for what she believes in, Juli (Madeline Carroll) is different from anyone else he knows and, frankly, it's a little overwhelming. What's a guy supposed to do when a girl tells him… More

"At times, the movie feels like a commercial for Wonder Bread, stretched to feature length."
‑ Michael O'Sullivan, Washington Post
"Reiner, who made the similarly themed The Sure Thing about opposites who repel and attract, is a most sympathetic director of actors."
‑ Carrie Rickey, Philadelphia Inquirer
"I expected more from Rob Reiner."
‑ Kevin Carr, 7M Pictures
"The importance of understanding varying perspectives is always worth communicating, and Flipped, despite its cloying approach, manages to deliver this idea with a decent amount of sincerity intact."
‑ Jeffrey Chen, ReelTalk Movie Reviews
"...if you want a wholesome, ultimately feel-good film about young love, this might be it. Or not."
‑ John J. Puccio, Movie Metropolis
"Flipped is Rob Reiner's best film in 18 years."
‑ James Berardinelli, ReelViews
"It's a bit too Wonder Years at times, but the odd two-narrators gimmick plays right into the film's "flip" in structure."
‑ Roger Moore, Orlando Sentinel
"A surprising-engaging and beautifully-told story about young romance."
‑ John Hanlon, Big Hollywood
"If the feature doesn't latch on to the senses immediately with its sugared claws, it's a long, ugly 85 minutes of dreadful behavior to endure, waiting for an ending that never arrives."
‑ Brian Orndorf, BrianOrndorf.com
"Not perfect, but its aspirations are admirable, and its execution is surprisingly effective considering (or maybe because of) its unadulterated sentimentality."
‑ Bruce Bennett, Spectrum (St. George, Utah)
"Flipped is as phony as a poodle-skirted waitress at a mall diner, yet it's as sweet as a malt. A vanilla one."
‑ Joe Williams, St. Louis Post-Dispatch
"That Flipped isn't insufferably cute is a measure of its integrity. But it still strains to view the world through the eyes of children without a filter of grown-up cynicism."
‑ Stephen Holden, New York Times
"Has my heart grown so cold and battle-scarred that I can't allow myself to be completely won over by Flipped, or is Flipped such a load of flavorless mush that there's not enough charm for me to embrace?"
‑ John Gholson, Cinematical
"I suppose some people may respond to this nostalgic ode to innocence and chastity, but I found it insufferable."
‑ Mike McGranaghan, Aisle Seat
"The movie feels static, like a diorama of ?60s life rather than a living, breathing story."
‑ Sean Means, Salt Lake Tribune