Food, Inc.
In "Food, Inc.," filmmaker Robert Kenner lifts the veil on our nation's food industry, exposing the highly mechanized underbelly that's been hidden from the American consumer with the consent of our government's regulatory agencies, USDA and FDA. Our nation's food supply is now controlled by a handful of corporations that often put profit ahead of consumer health, the livelihood of the American farmer, the safety of workers and our own environment. We have bigger-breasted chickens, the perfect pork chop, insecticide-resistant soybean seeds, even tomatoes that… More

"This is the kind of muckraking we should see more often."
‑ Ben Kenigsberg, Time Out
"After you see what IBP is doing to cattle, what Tyson is doing to chickens, what farmers are doing to us and what Monsanto is doing to farmers in the new documentary Food, Inc., you may never eat again."
‑ Roger Moore, Orlando Sentinel
"One word of caution: Eat before you see it. After it's over, the idea of a swing through the drive-thru might not be so appetizing."
‑ Neil Pond, American Profile
"As a piece of investigative journalism, it does a terrific job examining the real price paid for nice plump chicken breasts, disease-resistant soya beans and hamburger for all."
‑ Cris Kennedy, Screenwize
"An activist-made film of considerable interest, Food, Inc is also a piece of investigative journalism that tells us a thousand things that are pertinent to eating everyday food. Did you know that chickens are farmed to fatten in 45 days and grow bigger"
‑ Andrew L. Urban, Urban Cinefile
"This solidly constructed documentary aims to do for food production what An Inconvenient Truth did for global warming."
‑ Tom Huddleston, Time Out
"A mind-boggling, heart-rending, stomach-churning expose on the food industry."
‑ Amy Biancolli, San Francisco Chronicle
"A doco which could make you sick!"
‑ Don Groves, sbs.com.au
"Concerned with entertainment value as well as clarity and punch, he uses lots of colourful graphics, and moves quickly from one aspect of his subject to another."
‑ , The Age (Australia)
"A heartfelt condemnation of mass-produced, chemically treated food, though it covers so many areas of concern in 94 minutes that it is necessarily superficial."
‑ Christopher Tookey, Daily Mail [UK]
"Smart, gripping, and untainted by the influence of Michael Moore."
‑ Cliff Doerksen, Chicago Reader
"If you are what you eat, we are mostly genetically modified, poorly regulated, unhealthy meat byproducts generating profits for a few gargantuan corporations."
‑ Tom Long, Detroit News
"Food, Inc. -- a disturbing expose of the food industry -- is essential watching. You need to see it. Take your kids. Take your neighbour's kids. Take a stranger's kids (well, maybe that's a bit much)."
‑ Simon Miraudo, Quickflix
"This enlightening film takes aim at the US food industry by exposing the astounding and dubious means by which the source of our food is harvested and processed."
‑ Gavin Bond, Sunday Times (Australia)
"A seriously important film."
‑ Rich Cline, Shadows on the Wall