For All Mankind
Sorting through nearly one hundred hours of film and sound recordings recovered from NASA, director Al Rienart has pieced together a seamless documentary commemorating man's landing on the moon. The film is a montage of images with voice-over interviews and comments from the participating astronauts of the moon landing. Brian Eno, famous for his ethereal music, provides the score. For All Mankind was nominated for the Best Documentary Oscar in 1989.

"It could be argued that the Apollo missions were essentially a big, expensive photo opportunity for the propaganda machine of the Cold War, but Reinert's film serves to remind us that they also redefined who, where and why we are."
‑ Anton Bitel, Little White Lies
"... not a documentary of an Apollo mission but the story man's odyssey to the moon..."
‑ Sean Axmaker, Seanax.com
"For All Mankind is about what makes these men all the same...and, to some extent what makes us all the same: our infinitesimal smallness in the humbling vastness of the universe. [Blu-ray]"
‑ Peter Canavese, Groucho Reviews
"Apparently, grown men tend to act the same on the moon. One astronaut in mid-leap shouts "Ya-hoo!" If youre not smiling while you watch that, youve obviously never dreamed."
‑ Christopher Long, Movie Metropolis
"If not the screen's ultimate portrait of space travel, For All Mankind remains a peerless planetarium show."
‑ Fernando F. Croce, Slant Magazine
"Hipnótico ao trazer imagens absolutamente fabulosas de um (ou, a rigor, de vários) dos grandes momentos da História recente da Humanidade."
‑ Pablo Villaca, Cinema em Cena
"encapsulates with great power the wonderment of something that too many of us now take for granted"
‑ James Kendrick, Q Network Film Desk
"like looking at the night sky for the first time."
‑ Jason Morgan, Filmcritic.com
"Visually stunning, For All Mankind bears repeated watching"
‑ John A. Nesbit, Old School Reviews