Forgetting Sarah Marshall
Forgetting Sarah Marshall
In desperate need of a vacation after being unceremoniously dumped by his TV-star girlfriend, a man travels to a lavish Hawaiian resort to nurse his wounds and forget his heartache, only to discover that his ex and her handsome new boyfriend are currently staying at the exact same island hot spot. Peter Bretter (Jason Segel) may be just another struggling musician, but for the past six years he's been dating Sarah Marshall (Kristen Bell), one of the hottest stars on television. Sarah is everything in the world to Peter, so when she kindly but firmly tells him that they should each go their… More

"It's got an engaging cast and enough laughs to compensate for some shortcomings."
‑ Joe Williams, St. Louis Post-Dispatch
"Jason Segel has what Nicolas Cage and Gene Wilder and a precious handful of other witty actors have: The ability to make egregious humiliation and painful neediness a source of limitless mirth."
‑ Michael Phillips, Chicago Tribune
"Forgetting Sarah Marshall does fall under the Apatow umbrella, but writer and star Jason Segel is the real creative force here, creating a fresh, funny script."
‑ Ali Gray, TheShiznit.co.uk
"If you go into this one with reasonable expectations, you should have a very, very good time at the theater."
‑ Jeff Otto, Dark Horizons
"Ok, I give up. The Slackers win. In the last ten years, the Republican Party has had its revenge, the Nerds have had their revenge, and now the Slackers stand sloppy and tall. I stand poleaxed. The latest beating inflicted on my psyche is by Forgetting"
‑ Tony Macklin, Fayetteville Free Weekly
"With pratfalls, yucks, a crying jag, and what is starting to seem like the requisite flash of nudity, Jason Segel becomes this year's adorably hapless movie schlub."
‑ Bob Mondello, NPR.org
"Halfway through I realized that I'd lost most of my standards, maybe under my seat, and was enjoying the erratic evolution of the nonsense."
‑ Joe Morgenstern, Wall Street Journal
"So easy to relate to, but it's the film's unpredictable nature, great characters and hilarious script that makes it the comedy of the year."
‑ Jeffrey Lyles, Lyles' Movie Files
"One of the year's dingiest comedies"
‑ Fernando F. Croce, CinePassion
"For a film that's been lauded for its daring display of full-frontal male nudity, I got the nagging feeling that it actually played things pretty safe."
‑ Jeffrey Chen, Window to the Movies
"'Sarah Marshall' remains a film of glorious moments and memorable scenes, lovingly crafted characters and sparkling one-liners."
‑ Tom Huddleston, Time Out
"The cringingly wacky scenarios, offbeat characters and comic dialogue serve up a crowd-pleasing, laugh-filled experience."
‑ Claudia Puig, USA Today
"An execrable movie that's incredibly uninspired."
‑ Ben Rawson-Jones, Digital Spy
"The comic effect goes limp fast and has little to do with the effort of Segel's Pete to win back the girlfriend of the title (Kristen Bell)."
‑ Tom Meek, Boston Phoenix
"...ultimately comes off as an affable piece of work that benefits from the uniformly engaging performances and inclusion of several genuinely hilarious bits of comedic silliness."
‑ David Nusair, Reel Film Reviews