Forgetting Sarah Marshall
Forgetting Sarah Marshall
Peter Bretter has spent six years idolizing his girlfriend, television star Sarah Marshall. He's the guy left holding her purse in paparazzi photos and accidentally omitted from acceptance award speeches. But his world is rocked when she dumps him and Peter finds himself alone. After an unsuccessful bout of womanizing and an on-the-job nervous breakdown, he sees that not having Sarah may just ruin his life. To clear his head, Peter takes an impulsive trip to Oahu, where he is confronted by his worst nightmare: his ex and her tragically hip new British-rocker boyfriend, Aldous, are sharing… More

"It's got an engaging cast and enough laughs to compensate for some shortcomings."
‑ Joe Williams, St. Louis Post-Dispatch
"Jason Segel has what Nicolas Cage and Gene Wilder and a precious handful of other witty actors have: The ability to make egregious humiliation and painful neediness a source of limitless mirth."
‑ Michael Phillips, Chicago Tribune
"Forgetting Sarah Marshall does fall under the Apatow umbrella, but writer and star Jason Segel is the real creative force here, creating a fresh, funny script."
‑ Ali Gray, TheShiznit.co.uk
"If you go into this one with reasonable expectations, you should have a very, very good time at the theater."
‑ Jeff Otto, Dark Horizons
"Ok, I give up. The Slackers win. In the last ten years, the Republican Party has had its revenge, the Nerds have had their revenge, and now the Slackers stand sloppy and tall. I stand poleaxed. The latest beating inflicted on my psyche is by Forgetting"
‑ Tony Macklin, Fayetteville Free Weekly
"With pratfalls, yucks, a crying jag, and what is starting to seem like the requisite flash of nudity, Jason Segel becomes this year's adorably hapless movie schlub."
‑ Bob Mondello, NPR.org
"Halfway through I realized that I'd lost most of my standards, maybe under my seat, and was enjoying the erratic evolution of the nonsense."
‑ Joe Morgenstern, Wall Street Journal
"So easy to relate to, but it's the film's unpredictable nature, great characters and hilarious script that makes it the comedy of the year."
‑ Jeffrey Lyles, Lyles' Movie Files
"One of the year's dingiest comedies"
‑ Fernando F. Croce, CinePassion
"For a film that's been lauded for its daring display of full-frontal male nudity, I got the nagging feeling that it actually played things pretty safe."
‑ Jeffrey Chen, Window to the Movies
"'Sarah Marshall' remains a film of glorious moments and memorable scenes, lovingly crafted characters and sparkling one-liners."
‑ Tom Huddleston, Time Out
"The cringingly wacky scenarios, offbeat characters and comic dialogue serve up a crowd-pleasing, laugh-filled experience."
‑ Claudia Puig, USA Today
"An execrable movie that's incredibly uninspired."
‑ Ben Rawson-Jones, Digital Spy
"The comic effect goes limp fast and has little to do with the effort of Segel's Pete to win back the girlfriend of the title (Kristen Bell)."
‑ Tom Meek, Boston Phoenix
"...ultimately comes off as an affable piece of work that benefits from the uniformly engaging performances and inclusion of several genuinely hilarious bits of comedic silliness."
‑ David Nusair, Reel Film Reviews