Fred: The Movie
YouTube sensation Fred makes his feature film debut with this frantic comedy that finds the motor-mouthed suburbanite competing against his underhanded neighborhood rival Kevin (Jake Weary) for the affections of their pretty classmate Judy (Pixie Lott).

"Fred is a withering, unerringly precise satirical pastiche of the me-first 'American Idol' generation. The only question is why an audience would choose to spend 83 minutes with him."
‑ Tom Huddleston, Time Out
"One of the most grating children's films in recent memory."
‑ Alistair Harkness, Scotsman
"There is one sort-of reasonable joke about the Marriott hotel. Otherwise this is one to miss."
‑ Peter Bradshaw, Guardian
"If there's a more irritating film this year I'd hate to see it so close to this Nickelodeon TV movie."
‑ Graham Young, Birmingham Post
"If the only Freds you are aware of are Astaire or Flintstone then I'm afraid that Fred: The Movie will come as a terrible shock."
‑ Allan Hunter, Daily Express
"A comedy without laughs centred around the most excruciatingly annoying 'hero' ever to grace a cinema screen."
‑ David Edwards, Daily Mirror [UK]
"Even young fans of the online shorts will find the concept stretched perilously thin. And if your eardrums don't break, your spirit certainly will."
‑ Richard Jordan, Total Film
"Drop dead Fred. Seriously."
‑ Elliott Noble, Sky Movies
"The film's a 12A because it contains "behaviour that would be dangerous if copied". Quite right, too. If I ever see anyone acting like Fred, I'll probably loose off a shotgun at them."
‑ Robbie Collin, News of the World
"He's insane! He's irrepressible! It's like a bad dream you keep hoping will stop."
‑ Tim Robey, Daily Telegraph
"Kids may love this film - they're the target audience after all - but adults should stand well back."
‑ Karen Krizanovich, Radio Times
"The slightly surreal, teen romance plot might have worked if the lead character wasn't so deeply, deeply irritating."
‑ Matthew Turner, ViewLondon