Fubar: Balls to the Wall
Fubar: Balls to the Wall
Director Michael Dowse's sequel to his heavy-metal comedy FUBAR picks up the story of Dean (Paul Spence) and Terry (Dave Lawrence) who take off on a road-trip looking for a paycheck and gigs. But when Terry meets a great woman and considers reordering his priorities, Dean refuses to give up his dreams of taking his band Night Seeker to the big time.

"Though the energy flags a little in the film's second half, overall the comedy feels nervy and original."
‑ Liam Lacey, Globe and Mail
"I've got a bunch of Canadian friends, and everything about this film feels so real, despite being so over-the-top insane."
‑ Mark Bell, Film Threat
"Really a series of comedy episodes, which I appreciate because why waste precious joke time trying to have a plot?"
‑ Fred Topel, Screen Junkies
"As with the 2002 movie that introduced us to the pair, director Michael Dowse (who co-wrote the script with Lawrence and Spence) makes it clear that these are loveable losers."
‑ Linda Barnard, Toronto Star
"...a clever, complicated comedy which plays like a performance from a far off distant galaxy."
‑ Bill Gibron, PopMatters
"The FUBAR films are an experiment - can two knuckleheads really get by doing nothing but partying and drinking beer? And is it believable? You bet it is."
‑ Chase Whale, Gordon and the Whale
"Gets better as it goes along, although I was never rolling on the floor with laughter."
‑ Mike McGranaghan, Aisle Seat