God Save My Shoes
God Save My Shoes is the first documentary to explore the intimate relationship that ties women to their shoes. To understand why shoes are the most addictive and seductive fashion accessory, God Save my Shoes journeyed into women's psyches and closets, examining the psychological, sociocultural, and erotic significance of shoes. The quest to decipher why shoes trigger such passion among most women (and quite a few men) took the production to New York, Los Angeles, Paris, Toronto, Milan, and Florence to interview all those who play a role in the global shoe phenomenon: extreme shoe-lovers… More

"Benasra obviously has an affinity for her subject. But her alternately lighthearted and pseudo-serious approach here ultimately proves more wearisome than illuminating."
‑ Frank Scheck, Hollywood Reporter
"While fascinating at times delving into shoes as emotional accessorizing, the infomercial leaning, ecstatic cluelessness of these quick fix female shoe junkies did not shed light on how corporations create unhealthy consumer imaginary needs for profit."
‑ Prairie Miller, WBAI Radio
"Watching "God Save My Shoes," Julie Benasra's blithely blinkered documentary, is like gorging on empty calories: flavorful, diverting and with a slightly nauseating aftertaste."
‑ Jeannette Catsoulis, New York Times
"A delicious combination of Sex and the City and a Modern Language Association convention."
‑ Louis Proyect, rec.arts.movies.reviews
"There's no escaping the fact that Benasra's doc does little more than perpetuate the myth of women-all women-as vapid materialists worshipping at the altar of Manolo Blahnik."
‑ Andrew Schenker, Village Voice
"Fluffy footwear documentary plays mostly like a luxe shopping promo."
‑ David Noh, Film Journal International