Godzilla 2000
"Godzilla 2000" pits a 180 foot-high Godzilla against an alien life form aroused from its 6,000 year sleep in the depths of the Japan trench. Two hundred meters wide and shaped like a rock, the alien flies over the Japanese archipelago and attacks Godzilla, who has just crushed the entire city of Nemuro, Japan. Can Godzilla's furious heat beam destroy the gigantic UFO? Is this alien life form an enemy? Is there a future for the humans? The stage is set for an unprecedented battle between Godzilla, the UFO, and the Japanese citizens of Shinjuku.

"Godzilla 2000 is a ton of fun, and then some."
‑ Jay Carr, Boston Globe
"I'd say this movie fulfills its duties."
‑ Robert Horton, Film.com
"We know we're in for a good time right from the start when plucky photographer Yuki says, "I've really got to get some great pictures here," while moving her lips only twice."
‑ Jeffrey Westhoff, Northwest Herald (Crystal Lake, IL)
"Short on real excitement."
‑ Robert Trussell, Kansas City Star
"Those looking for the typical Hollywood extravaganza had better put such expectations on check at the door."
‑ Jim Judy, Screen It!
"Godzilla 2000 is everything hard-core fans want it to be. So corny. So campy. So MST3K-ready. And, God bless it, so badly dubbed in English, it soars."
‑ Bob Longino, Atlanta Journal-Constitution
"A lovably amusing foray into vapid plotting, bad dubbing and men in rubber suits trashing miniature sets."
‑ Bruce Westbrook, Houston Chronicle
"this is old-school Godzilla, meaning unconvincing special effects, a ridiculous plotline involving a rival monster, and lots of Japanese actors with badly overdubbed dialogue"
‑ James Kendrick, Q Network Film Desk
"Neither cheesy enough to make you laugh at it, nor good enough for you to enjoy it as a conventional action flick."
‑ Jon Popick, Planet Sick-Boy
"The unhappy truth is that in its own chintzy, ostentatiously jokey way it's every bit as boring and silly as the 1998 American retelling."
‑ Frank Swietek, One Guy's Opinion
"Contains more laugh-out-loud moments than The Replacements and Nutty Professor II: The Klumps combined."
‑ Mark Caro, Chicago Tribune
"After all the humans' blathering about studying him or killing him or why's-he-keep-saving-us-after-we-created-him-but-now-try-to-destroy-him?, the big scaly brute's got the best idea for taking the piss out of this movie--keep roaring unintelligibly."
‑ Brian Gibson, Vue Weekly (Edmonton, Canada)
"Just nuthin' special"
‑ Emily Blunt, Blunt Review
"I thought the original Godzilla was cheesy in 1954. So imagine how it feels to see the same degree of idiocy and only slightly improved special effects in a movie made 46 years later."
‑ Jack Garner, Rochester Democrat and Chronicle
"You have to suffer through a thick layer of shoddy production and the Godzilla Prediction Network scientists with their poorly overlaid ... use of American colloquialisms to reach the beast within."
‑ , E! Online