Griff the Invisible
The world can make us invisible. Courage can make us incredible. Love can make us invincible. Ryan Kwanten of TV's True Blood stars in this charming, quirky and totally unpredictable romantic comedy about the superhero in all of us. Griff (Kwanten), a shy and awkward office worker by day, finds escape from his ordinary life by assuming the identity of a fantastic superhero each night. Griff's secret is jeopardized when he meets Melody (Maeve Dermody), a cute but unconventional daydreamer. She quickly becomes fascinated by his idiosyncrasies, which are equal only to her own. In the face… More

Showtimes near

No showtimes available near this location for this date

"Struggles heroically, but unsuccessfully, to strike a balance between whimsy and pathos."
‑ Calvin Wilson, St. Louis Post-Dispatch
"Something clicks here. Physically as well as verbally, these kids are speaking their own language."
‑ John Hartl, Seattle Times
"It's a film that asks potent questions about important topics, but will first and foremost charm viewers with its oddball humour and romanticism. Griff the Invisible is a treat."
‑ Glenn Dunks, Onya Magazine
"I'm all for ambiguity in films, but it doesn't feel like writer/director Leon Ford left Griff and his underlying issues vague on purpose."
‑ Matt Singer, IFC.com
"There are moments of pure magic when we actually feel ourselves letting go of the limitations of the real world and find ourselves -- if only for a fleeting moment -- believing in Griff's world."
‑ Beth Accomando, KPBS.org
"Griff seems a little too psychologically damaged to laugh at. On the other hand, for a drama, his behavior is way too silly to take seriously."
‑ Michael O'Sullivan, Washington Post
"The touches of magical realism begin to feel gimmicky. By the final frame, this romance never feels real enough."
‑ Ethan Gilsdorf, Boston Globe
"Griff The Invisible explores the personal angle of vigilante justice, adding a unique spin to the superhero genre with heartfelt moments and relatability."
‑ Emily Estep, We Got This Covered
"I'd take 10 more Green Lanterns over one more wannabe-superhero flick."
‑ Tricia Olszewski, Washington City Paper
"First-time director Leon Ford has the Australian shaggy dog comedy style down pat; now he just needs an empowering idea."
‑ Peter Keough, Boston Phoenix
"It tries too hard to be eccentric, kooky. So hard, it can be downright annoying."
‑ Tirdad Derakhshani, Philadelphia Inquirer
"A superhero wannabe fights the forces of loneliness and alienation in this uneven Aussie indie."
‑ Megan Lehmann, Hollywood Reporter
"It's shaggy, but its modest charms make up for that."
‑ Chris Hewitt (St. Paul), St. Paul Pioneer Press
"Mopey-but-sweet Australian entry in the Kick-Ass homemade superhero sweepstakes."
‑ Kelly Vance, East Bay Express
"Something about this feature never ignites."
‑ Liz Braun, Jam! Movies