Hail
An occasionally near-hallucinogenic telling of his battle to escape the lure of crime and the consequences of betrayal and grief. Unable to accept society and always on the brink of excess and violence, Daniel struggles daily with his existence until one terrible act brings things to a head.

"What starts out as a promising drama...quickly dissolves into an ugly, unpleasant character portrait about an unrepentant brute who prefers to scream at the world rather than confront it."
‑ Jim Schembri, 3AW
"Its poetic opening moments soon descend into raw, wrenching and compelling viewing."
‑ Emmet O'Cuana, FILMINK (Australia)
"It's stark, unpleasant and beautiful at once. I don't think I've seen anything quite like Hail."
‑ Peter Galvin, sbs.com.au
"It's Courtin-Wilson's willingness to push boundaries, to explore ways in which the troubled self can be depicted, that makes Hail so singular and striking."
‑ Philippa Hawker, The Age (Australia)
"It is a tough film and I don't mind tough films but there's a relentlessness about this journey, which I found myself reacting against."
‑ David Stratton, At the Movies (Australia)
"Hail is highly recommended. If you are a true film lover, you will want to see this."
‑ Julie Rigg, MovieTime, ABC Radio National
"Perhaps not a film for the faint-hearted, it is nevertheless an important entry into the Australian film landscape."
‑ Margaret Pomeranz, At the Movies (Australia)